Skip to content
***GTKYFP*** 1/25
bethann88 posted:
Today's Question: Who would you like to have in the delivery room with you?

During delivery, it's just going to be me and DH (and of course the doc and nurses). I have no desire to have a bunch of family/friends in the room watching me. We want the moment he's born to be a special time between DH and I. However while in labor, I don't mind if people want to come in and visit. Thankfully, my mom and MIL are both fine with that. So nobody's going to be offended if they're have to stay in the waiting room during the delivery.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

smithc27 responded:
Besides the medical staff, it's just going to be DH and me, as well. We wanted it to be a special moment, for just the two of us. I think MIL is coming up after the baby is born, and I'm not sure when my parents are coming up. If I know my dad, though, he will want to be there the ENTIRE time, even if it is in the waiting room! lol
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

Lysana responded:
Me (obviously, LOL), DH, Mom, MIL, and my Doula. The first three (after me) have been at all of my babies' births, and I had a different Doula at Bekah's.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
During delivery it will be me, DH and my mom (if she can make it down--she lives about 2.5-3 hours away in good weather). Otherwise I think it may just be me and DH (and doctor/nurses of course). If I really need a female there and my mom can't be there then it will be MIL. I don't mind people being in the room during the labor part but they can all get the heck out when its time to push! lol. I've hat to tell quite a few people that I don't want them there during delivery and it has bummed some of them out but they got over it.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

nicram8683 responded:
Me & DH of course. We will be thousands of miles away from family & I found out my parents wont be there until about 2 months after. I am unsure about DD at this point. She will be 8 & I am not sure if its something I want her to be a part of or not. But who knows when the time comes, I might not have a choice. Luckily I have a friend who will be living on the military base too & she has already agreed to watch DD when I go into labor and bring her to the hospital afterwards.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

nicram8683 replied to nicram8683's response:
forgot to mention that this is based on me assuming that I will have a swift labor & delivery like I did with DD. Total time, less then 7 hours.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

mam546 responded:
DUring labor I expect it will be me and DH and DS and then hopefully MIL will come and walch my DS. That will allow DH to be there with me alone. Last time MIL stayed the whole time but I think she wish she had not. She just stayed in the corner away from everything.

MaryKate167 responded:
Just me and DBF. We have contemplated asking my MIL to come....it's her first (and possibly only) blood grandchild.

So, we'll see. I was really private with my first, and will likely be the same, btu I feel ok letting her in the room.
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kristy, 32 DH Nick, 31 Our Beautiful Baby Boy Cullen Isaiah born April 14th, 2009. One Angel in Heaven (April '08) with my wonderful Grandparents....More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.