Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My 28 weeks appt
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Well 28w1d appt lol.Passed my glucose post dose test with flying colors (so no gestational diabetes) yay. And that was with me drinking a 20oz cocoa and having a bean and cheese burrito for breakfast at about 8:30 lol (i wanted a yogurt parfait but everywhere was out).Drank the yuck about 1pm and draw at two and my glucose was only 97. (they want it between 70-140).I am slightly anemic so I get to take an iron pill once a day and dr said that since he is already very much head down its unlikely he will try and flip around. And yay for being in 3rd trimester. She said something like 90% of babies that are born now survive with some help from the nicu. He is measuring good and heart rate is good. She also told me if my head cold gets worse and I started getting the green gunk to call and let them know and they would just call in a prescription since chances are I probably wouldn't be able to fight it on my own (as we have figured out with the multiple respiratory infections including pneumonia in the last year). Also need to restart taking prenatals(trying the prenatal gummies instead of the regular since the others were making me so sick).Oh and only gained 2lb this week woot woot lol. Total of 20.5lb just happy it wasn't another 6-7lb weight gain like the last few visits. Esp when I still have just under 12 weeks to go.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Smithc27 responded:
Yay for passing the glucose test!!! It sounds like everything is right on track for you, Heather! How does it feel to finally be in 3rd tri?
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

bethann88 responded:
Congrats on passing your glucose test, Heather!!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hgreenwood7058 replied to Smithc27's response:
It feels great to be in third tri! lol. On the home stretch.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

akagirl1999 responded:
Congrats on passing the GT. We're on the home stretch now .

Lysana responded:
Yay! Glad you passed your GTT! Sorry about the anemia...hope you can get your iron up.

I take a plant-based iron supplement...I guess it works...it's Vitacost.com's "generic" brand. I just don't like the idea of swallowing something that looks like a BB pellet or something on a regular basis. I dunno, that just doesn't seem like the healthiest way to get iron into my system. You know? But, who knows?

If you're anemic, though, the important thing is making sure you find something that works well!

And, wow! Just under 12 weeks! It'll be here before you know it!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

hgreenwood7058 replied to Lysana's response:
The anemia is slight so she said just an OTC supplement would be okay. I got some at safeway (kind of looks like an aleve tablet lol). Its a low dose iron pill (safeway had a sale $5.99 for 250 tablets and it was by one get one free). I have made sure to eat before taking it and since I eat a fair amount of fruits and vegetables it hasn't been affecting me GI wise as of yet. The prenatal gummy's don't seem to make me sick so far either which is good. So excited that there is under 12 weeks to go. It will be even better when I am in the single digits for weeks. Looking forward to all the upcoming birth stories from everyone too! (hint hint lol)

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey everyone, my name is serena. i'll be 25 years old in july and have been in a committed relationship for almost seven years(end of aug). he is ...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful