Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
***GTKYFP*** 2/1
bethann88 posted:
Today's Question: What does your belly button look like these days? Has your "innie" become and "outie"?

My belly button is normally an "innie", but has been stretched beyond recognition. It's almost completely flat now. If it wasn't for my lap scar, you'd barely be able to even see it. Pretty sure it's going to "pop" before it's all said and done, but so far it hasn't yet.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

Lysana responded:
LOL...I have enough belly "fluff" that the most mine ever gets is flat - which is FINE with me! I think it would really hurt if it stuck out and were rubbing on things! My kids get a kick out of the fact that my belly button is almost gone (or completely gone, depending on Samuel's position). But I'm glad it doesn't stick out...not in need of one more discomfort.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I started out with a really deep innie and starting about 17 weeks it has been trying to make its way out. 3/4 of the way is either flat or out and then I have a teeny part on the bottom of my button that is barely in. I give it a few weeks and think that will be flat. Also random side note, but did you ever notice how much softer the inside of your belly button is when it does poke out (reminds me of baby skin) lol. I am just waiting for my button to pop the rest of the way. Its beyond stretched it might as well finish.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

smithc27 responded:
Mine went from innie... to flat... to outie LOL It was weird when it became flat, and now it pushes out ever so slightly. And you are so right, Heather; it is so soft. Unlucky for me, though, the belly marks are making it soft AND shiny from the all the stretching.
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

nicram8683 responded:
I am 19 weeks now and mine has remained a great innie. But I am thinking that it will make its way to flat before this is all over.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

mam546 responded:
Mine is getting pretty flat but still a small innie. With my DS it never popped out even though I had a bigger belly and started out heavier then now. But we'll see how this time around goes.

I love when DS tries to compare bellies and belly buttons. It's so silly.

smithc27 replied to mam546's response:
Hehe All these stories, about older children being fascinated by growing baby bellies, are just too cute! I can't wait to see how our LO reacts when Baby #2 comes along in a few years!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well....my husband and I decided to start our TTC journey in June of 09 and got KU in August 09. We were so excited. We found out we lost our little a...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.