Skip to content
Monday Updates (2/6)
nicram8683 posted:
I had to start, I couldn't hold it in, I am 20wks today & feel so excited!! Plus I have to go to work and didn't want to wait til 6pm.

Nicole & Baby

20wks

w/g: -5, but I put on about 3 pounds over the last 2 weeks.

s/c: Fatigue is still a great friend of mine. I even took a nap on Friday. Having some round ligament pain. Belly is growing by the day, my DD loves it. Stretch marks are visible again. And since the weather is so dry here, I wake up with dried up nose & sometimes bloody nose.

other: We got snowed in on Friday, ,it was pretty nice to have an extra day off. And our HOA shovels our driveways, so I didn't have to worry about it cause hubby's gone. House is officially on the market, I really hope we can sell quickly.

next d/a: tomorrow, and Friday is my gender scan. Yippee!!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

Lysana responded:
Yay, Nicole, for 20 weeks! Great milestone - can't wait to find out whether your little bean is a boy or a girl!

Kelly & Samuel

37w3d

w/g: 25 lbs

symptoms: Pretty much the same as it has been - heartburn, BHC, some nerve pain (like sciatica), etc. The heart palpitations have continued...actually have increased some today. Baby moves all over the place and really beats me up! He's running out of room, but he loves to s-t-r-e-t-c-h his legs, so I often have feet sticking out of one side (usually my mid-left) and a butt sticking out of the other (usually my upper-right).

other: I had an awful migraine Saturday evening, and ended up pretty dehydrated - couldn't stand to drink anything. Went to bed around 9:00, then woke up around 10:30 with my head still pounding - and contractions started. Slept a little more, then woke around 2:30 with most of the headache gone, and contractions picked up again. They were mild, but building, and really close together. It was crazy! I knew I wasn't in labor, but it was a little disconcerting, knowing I needed to let my mom know...but not knowing whether I should, since I was pretty sure it wasn't labor (but...who knows, right?) They stopped when I woke up in the morning, so obviously not labor, but it was pretty interesting!

Next d/a: Thursday for prenatal and u/s for "small for dates" (see my update from Friday).

Hope everyone is doing well!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

bethann88 responded:
Congrats on making it to the halfway point, Nicole!!! Look forward to hearing about your gender scan.

Kelly, sorry about the headache and contractions. Glad you're feeling better now. Fingers crossed for a good report on Thurs.

Beth Ann & Baby Boy

32w0d

w/g: somewhere around 15lbs

s/c: Nothing new to complain about really. Lots of hip pain and the occasional nausea continues. Been having a bit more energy, which is nice. Overall, just feeling big!

other: My plans for this week have been rearranged... DH had a death in his family over the weekend. And the funeral is going to be this Weds at the exact time my next OB appt was supposed to be. So I had to push back my appt to next week (which is the earliest I could reschedule). It's disappointing because I was really looking forward to seeing little man on u/s again in a few days. And it completely throws off all my appts for the next several weeks. But, unexpected things happen...

56 more days until EDD!

Next d/a: 2/15, u/s and OB appt
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

MaryKate167 responded:
Mary and Yellow Team Baby
17w4d

w/g: I'm not sure, but at my last appointment, I was still down 4 pounds.

S/C: I'm having major hip pain. No matter what I eat, I get heartburn. I am exhausted all the time. I feel sick all the time. I swear, whoever said that most symptoms go away after first tri, but they LIE!

Other: I'm feeling baby wiggle now! It's awesome.

Next d/a: February 8th. OB Check up, and scheduling two u/s. One for our "big" u/s and one to double check my gall bladder.

PS
Is it really a "big" u/s if I'm not finding out? *giggle*
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Yay nicole for being 1/2 way and getting to know the gender on friday! Can't wait to hear the news.

Kelly: Yay for full term! Sorry about the migraines I hate those. Hope everything goes well on thursday

Beth Ann: Sorry to hear there was a death in the family. I hate when having to reschedule and not being able to get things done but atleast there is a good reason as to why. It will be a nice (little late) valentines gift for you to get to see your lil man though.

Mary Kate: Yes still a big u/s because atleast you get to see your LO again and see that things are all nice and perfect! Good luck at your appt.

Heather and Carson

29w6d (10 weeks and counting as of tomorrow yay!)

w/g: 20.5lb as of two weeks ago. I will find out on wed what it is now (bleh..atleast its all in my belly)

s/c: The usual hip pain and SOB has picked up again. And I have a lot of trouble sleeping because whenever I have to turn to my other side in bed (50pt turn at that) not only does my hips hurt but it makes my side hurt and makes my heart race and SOB for a few minutes. Bleh. Newest thing for me though is off and on dizzy spells. It feels like being dehydrated constantly but I drink tons of water and other fluids througout the day. Not sure if maybe the anemia got worse (it was just slightly low on my labs 2 weeks ago and I started a low dose iron supplement) but I almost passed out in walmart yesterday evening and freaked out my cousin.

other: Almost all my invitations are out for the family baby shower and all the invites but maybe 3 to the friend/coworker one is out at well. (large family so thats why there are two showers). I am on call for work this week and weekend as well as having my 3rd cert test for work again. And my OB appt so its going to be a busy week.

Next d/a: 2/8 OB appt
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Lysana replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Good grief. Remind me what SOB is again, please. I have to ask this every time, because when I read it, my brain automatically translates it as something that I don't think you mean. LOL!

Heather, I feel dehydrated all the time, even though I drink A LOT of water. I started drinking coconut water on Saturday because my friend/doula told me that it is a really good source of electrolytes, and I knew I needed something more than *just* water. I think it has helped! Hard to tell for sure, because it's pricey so I didn't get that much, and then I got dehydrated from the migraine that evening...but I *think* it has helped some. I'm going to try to pick some more up this evening. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

nicram8683 responded:
Yay that I have a showing on my house tomorrow already. It only officially went on the market today. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

akagirl1999 responded:
Caron - Yellow Team
30weeks tomorrow
w/g - too much .

Yay 6/10 weeks left on bedrest. My doctor may allow me to move around a little once I clear 34/36weeks.

Six progesterone shots left! So excited, I'm on the home stretch!

Peri visit today, cervix and baby doing great. OB appointment tomorrow, I'm now on biweekly visits to OB and Peri.

Problems sleeping, baby is very active I keep turning side to side all night. I'm not sure if it's because I've been on bedrest since September. Or because of all the baby movements but I haven't had a good nights rest in awhile. I'm planning on asking my OB for something to sleep tmr. Got to get some sleep before the little one is here.

Other:
Hubby and I still can't decide on names. I'm starting to feel a little stressed about not having names yet.

Next:
OB and Peri visit 2/20
Lactation class

mam546 responded:
Melissa and Baby Boy

28w 5d

w/g - too much

s/c - I have been feeling pretty good other than being sick with what feels like a head cold mostly. Just all stuffy and can barely breath/talk sometimes. Doesn't help when I'm on the phone most of the day for work.

Have some lightheaded moments but nothing horrible. OB has me doing kick counts already (never had to do them with DS) and it's funny cause I can get them done within the hour of waking up, plus more LOL he's an active little one.

Other: Still can't decide on a name for LO. We have gone through a few but nothing fits. We have a girl name just in case but the boy name is just not coming to us.

DH is working on getting a new career and everything is happening really fast, might have to move and change everything within a couple of months. It's nerve wracking but a little exciting.

I'm excited today, DS just turned 3. We are going to get his yearly pictures. I can't wait to compare the picture to his previous ones. He's getting so big.

Next d/a : 2/14 OB visit

smithc27 responded:
Lots of updates this week! It's so awesome to read the updates each week and see the milestones everyone is reaching

Charlotte and Baby Girl

39w2d

w/g: around 30 lbs, but no one believes me (My belly looks fake, like a basketball shoved up my shirt LOL!)

s/c: Just the usual hip pain, HB, and occasional contractions; and still feeling generally uncomfortable. Am able to catch my breath a bit easier now, and I'm hoping that means she is moving in to position Dr appt yesterday, and I was a little disappointed that there was no change from last week. OB said she was surprised I was there yesterday, and had expected to get a call over the weekend that I had gone into labor. She did say that she doesn't like to let her patients go past 41 weeks (and the hospital says 42wks is the limit for them), and if I make it to the next appt on Monday, we will need start talking dates for induction (more about that below).

other: So... I'm not really sure how I feel about being induced. I'm not totally against it, but I had kind of set my mind to going into labor on my own. DH and I went for a short, easy 4-wheeler ride Sunday afternoon, hoping to shake something loose, but no such luck. I've been cooking and freezing food, stocking up on easy meals, and we are pretty well ready for her to show her pretty little face!

next d/a: Monday, Feb 13th
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

bethann88 replied to smithc27's response:
Charlotte, I was starting to wonder about you! Maybe try going for another 4 wheeler ride. My mom went into labor with my sis after going for a tractor ride, so it could happen!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

smithc27 replied to bethann88's response:
Hahahaha! I love it! My dad suggested DH take me for a ride in our pickup; beautiful '90s Ford, but the springs are soooo stiff and it is so darn rough to ride in! LOL
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

Lysana replied to smithc27's response:
LOL!

If you're not comfortable with the idea of an induction just because you hit your EDD, don't let her push you into it. If the hospital is okay with you going to 42 weeks, then insist on that extra week, with monitoring in the meantime. Odds are, if you don't go into labor between 40 and 41 weeks, you WILL go into labor between 41 and 42. If she wants to go ahead and schedule an induction, say "Sure," and tell her you'll be happy to schedule it for 2/26. (or 2/27 if they don't do it on Sundays.)

Here's a webpage talking about monitoring a postdates pregnancy (note that by "postdates," they mean 42 weeks, not just anything past the EDD). About 1/3 of the way down the page (looking at the scrollbar on the right side), it talks about ways to monitor the baby, and a little below that, it talks about the best time to start monitoring. Remember, when you read some of the scarier stuff, that they're talking about past 42 weeks for that - not just past 40 weeks.

http://hcp.obgyn.net/fetal-monitoring/content/article/1760982/1913850

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying don't be pressured into it if it's not what you want.

MaryKate167 replied to smithc27's response:
Have they stripped your membranes? If not, ask for that. They did that with me with my DS, at my 11AM appointment, and I was in the hospital with contractions every 3 minutes at 7PM that evening. GOod luck!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

smithc27 replied to Lysana's response:
Thanks for the advice, girls! I had thought (at the beginning) about how being induced would be nice; planned out, no mad rush to the hospital, but for some reason I'm having a hard time getting used to the idea. It just kind of threw me when she mentioned it, I wasn't expecting her to bring it up YET, when I still have 5 days to D-day. I'm pretty optimistic that I will go this week...

I'm not going for a 'natural birth experience'; more power to those of you who do - you are my heros! I have not mentioned having my membranes stripped, just because I am already 75-80% thinned and thought it might thin some more on it's own. But I am getting impatient, and may have to take "desperate measures" LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mike and I got married April 8, 2002. We both knew we wanted kids while we were still young (his parents adopted him when they were older and weren...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.