Skip to content
Too much stress
Mandy_Smiles posted:
I am too mentally exhausted to explain all of the reasons why, but I am feeling a ton of stress lately from many different sources. I have gotten to where I can't sleep well anymore and the MS and constipation are back with a vengeance. I am mentally and physically exhausted. Just looking for some relaxing, calming, and deep breath vibes I guess. Sorry to be so vague but I feel like this is the best way to explain why I have been so MIA lately. Trust me, you probably don't want to know all of the details anyway.

I am so glad to see that you are all doing so well and I just took a look at the list and it looks like we will have some LO's here in the next few weeks! How exciting!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD 8/23/12. Green team!

smithc27 responded:
Big ((hugs)), Mandy. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with the stress and MS (no fun). When I was in college, I had a professor spend an entire class period teaching us a relaxation / meditation technique that is supposed to reduce stress. If you have an open mind, you might try it.

I thought it was kinda hokey at first, but it seems to help me a little. It works like this... find a quiet place to sit or lie down. Close your eyes, and focus on having absolutely nothing in your mind; whenever you begin to think of something, softly say/whisper the word 'out', as if you are pushing the thought out of your head. Repeat 'out' as many times as it takes to remove the thought from your mind.

Like I said, it sounds kind of silly, and might not work for everyone / every situation. Stressing while pregnant is bad for baby and for you, so you might give it a try. And we are all here to listen if you need to vent; what is said on the PAL board is just between friends
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

Lysana responded:
(((hugs))) Mandy. Ugh...so sorry you are dealing with all this.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

bethann88 responded:
Sending you some hugs and calming vibes. Sorry your going through a rough time. I hope it passes quickly.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (Colleen)-32 DH (Chris)-32 DS (Drew) 2. 2 mc's in 2009. BFP 12/09 Pal Grad 8/22/10!!!

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.