Skip to content
"Morning" sickness
lilistars_mama posted:
Does anyone know where I can buy those motion sickness wristbands? My "morning" sickness has kicked in in full force and while I only actually get sick in the mornings I feel like I am going to be sick all day and it is just awful (although I am grateful as well for the symptoms). I would prefer not to take anything if I don't have to but I have tried everything other than the bands. So I thought I would pick one up before I call the OB for some nausea meds. Thanks!

Lysana responded:
I'm not sure...have you just tried your local pharmacy? I think they're called Sea Bands.

Good luck! It's miserable, although good at the same time!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

smithc27 responded:
I couldn't find them anywhere either, and ended up ordering some off-brand wristbands (Psi Bands) off the internet. Worked just as well, but it took a couple days to actually get them in the mail. I never tried the MS suckers / candies from Babies R Us, but the wrist bands helped me immensely! Good luck, and I hope you move past the MS quickly
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Walmart or walgreens or target I know for sure that have the sea bands in the pharmacy are (next to the motion sicness stuff)
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

hgreenwood7058 replied to smithc27's response:
Also preggie pops or any hard candy really can help as well (preggie pops are basically sour hard candy with no medication in it). I got the preggie pop drops. Best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

lilistars_mama replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thanks everyone! I did find the Sea Band at Target. They were right between the pregnancy tests and the Pepto which made me laugh . I have had them on for about an hour and I can't tell yet if they are helping.but they are definitely super stylish. I feel like I need a 70's basketball uniform and a fuzzy sweatband to go with them.

hgreenwood7058 replied to lilistars_mama's response:
that is funny and yes I agree with the lovely style. Side note too when you said Pepto. That is something that is on my do not take list that I was given by my OB. Hope they work for you! And also you will get some super stylish indents on your wrists where the little ball thing is too. woo hoo lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

In July of 2009 I lost my mom to colon cancer, that Autumn was a blur of heartache & trying to move on. In Dec, DH said let's start a family! ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.