Skip to content
***GTKYFP*** 2/9
bethann88 posted:
Today's Question: What craving(s) have you had? Anything odd?

My cravings have varied. Early on in the first tri, it was chocolate milk. It HAD to be chocolate. I couldn't stand to drink plain milk. Later on, it was dill pickles. I sat and ate a whole jar of them one evening. Then I still wanted more, so I drank the juice. DH thought I was really weird, but to me, it was great!!! Now, it's fruit. Specifically watermelon. Too bad it's off season for it. It's really hard to find good watermelon right now!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

smithc27 responded:
Surprisingly, I've gone through a few phases of cravings. After the MS faded, I craved pizza - REAL healthy, I know! lol Then it was egg rolls, then oranges after that. I don't have craving's right now, but MUST have a glass of chocolate milk when I take my prenatal vites each night (more because the smell of the pill grosses me out!)

I did eat a lot of pickles during the holidays, but that's a family trait of mine, not a neccessarily a pregnancy thing!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

bethann88 replied to smithc27's response:
Mmmm... PIZZA!! I shouldn't have posted a question related to food because now I'm just making myself hungry!

I almost forgot about my obsession with cheese. That's kind of been an ongoing thing this whole pregnancy. String cheese, chunks of cheese, cream cheese... I can't get enough!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

vybe77 responded:
Since Im new to PAL could someone explain to me what GTKYFP means!!??!! LOL cause I just dont get it..

MaryKate167 replied to vybe77's response:
GTKYFP = Get To Know Your Fellow Preggos!

For me, I haven't craved anything. I've been so sick that I'm at the point of eating whatever the heck tastes good, because I know it's comnig back up!

With my DS, I craved green kool-aid, with very little sugar! LOL! and pickles!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

vybe77 replied to MaryKate167's response:
Well I never have liked pickles and that was no exception even while pregnant..with my 1st I craved fruits, with my 2nd I dont remember any particular cravings, well except if you count water..Im usually a flavor kinda gal but I was due in July so a nice tall glass of ice cold water was the best..my third it was def. meat and especially red meat..Im a chicken lover all the way but I could of eaten beef only all through the 9 months..

prttybrwneyes7 responded:
Nothing odd, but I feel the need to eat Tostinos pizza everyday or a slice of pizza from our Speedway gas station. LOL. I am not letting myself give in everyday because I can just vision what the impact of pizza will be everyday!

jedmonds12 responded:
No real cravings to speak of yet, but I have been daydreaming about burritos lately. I'm sure as soon as I have one I won't want them anymore. My big thing right now is food aversions... pretty much everything (except burritos) sounds gross.
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It has been different phases as well for me.

The first 20ish weeks it was a whole cucumber and a beefsteak tomato as well as tons and tons of apple juice.

Then it was just pretty much anything I could eat.

More recently for the last 2-2.5 weeks its been a bean and cheese burrito from 7-11 (the kind you get in the refrigerated section that you heat for 45 seconds) and dispensed cocoa (has to be dispenses can't be powder).
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

lilistars_mama responded:
I have been craving salsa which I also craved with dd. But only the fresh kind that they serve at restaurants...nothing out of a jar. One morning I woke up and wanted cream cheese and pickles. I was glad we didn't have any cream cheese because I would eaten that and it would have come right back up and been so gross! I have also been craving fruit and cucumbers And lemon water...although that might not be so much a craving as it just helps with the MS. Oh and Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches. The only thing that sounds disgusting to me right now is pizza.

Lysana responded:
It's funny how pregnancies are different. When I was pregnant with Bekah, I COULD NOT STAND the fact that we went to Mexican restaurants all the time. I could deal with it - it wasn't an aversion - but it just didn't sound good. This time, I want to eat it a few times a week, if I can! (But I don't...maybe once a week.)

I don't tend to have actual cravings, but I'll get "fixed" on a certain food, and not be able to get over wanting to eat it until I have it. Last pregnancy, it ended up being sushi fairly often - soooo frustrating! I'd have some cooked stuff as my "sushi fix," but it just wasn't the same.

Now, as for aversions, I've had some strange ones. Hummus is one of my FAVORITE foods, but oh goodness. Early in this pregnancy, I could have made myself throw up just *thinking* about it. It's still borderline for me.

Last pregnancy (Bekah), it was coffee. Mary, can you believe that? Coffee! I just could not stand the taste, the smell, anything. It's still borderline for me, this pregnancy, but not nearly as bad as it was that time.

Water was another one, last pregnancy. Really! Plain water...I couldn't tolerate it. (I still can't, this pg, if it's on an empty stomach...so weird.) I ended up drinking a lot of unsweetened decaf ice tea, and this pregnancy, I've been drinking a lot of Yogi brand's Mother-to-Be tea and Alvita's Spearmint Leaf tea (both herbal).

I know most of this is from my last two pregnancies...so sad, but I just can't remember as well with the others! I remember symptoms with them, but not food stuff...I think it was a little less prevalent in those pregnancies....I could tolerate most things pretty well.
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I'm 25 years old, have a WONDERFUL husband. He and I have been married almost a year! Can't believe it! Well, shortly after our honeymoon...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.