Skip to content
Contractions That Aren't Painful?
smithc27 posted:
Ok, this is about the weirdest thing I've come across so far. On Wednesday, I started having contractions every hour, beginning around 6am but then they stopped by 2pm. I know that they were contractions of some kind (probably BHC); starting as pain in the lower back that moved to the front of my abdomen, and they were kind of intense. So...

I haven't really had any more like the ctx I had on Wednesday, but I will occasionally reach up to rub my belly, and it is as hard as a rock! Like I'm having a contraction, but don't feel any pain. Only lasts a short while but it is all tensed up. If I feel anything, it feels more like she's just putting pressure on my cervix or rolling around. But I can't tell!!! I Googled it, and it said that some women who experience this have very fast labor, which worries me a bit.

Have any of you heard of this before?
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

MaryKate167 responded:
When I went into labor with DS, I didn't even realize it. I finally called my SIL and said, (TMI alert!) "Do contractions make you feel like you're constipated?" And she said, YES!

Once I started timing them, they were 3 minutes apart! NONE of my contractions hurt until the doctor broke my water, then it was a whole new ball game.

Try to pay attention to how often they're happening. At this point, they're probably real contractions and not BHC.

Good luck!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

smithc27 replied to MaryKate167's response:
Thanks for the heads up! I'll start watching them a little more closely then; I just couldn't figure it out and have kind of been on edge since Wednesday! Fingers crossed, maybe something will happen tonight Will keep you posted!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

hgreenwood7058 replied to smithc27's response:
charlotte you are soooo close! Can't wait to hear your story. When do you go into the dr next?
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

smithc27 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I'm excited to WRITE our story! LOL

I go back on Monday afternoon, 3:40. I'm kind of hoping she comes before then, but if she doesn't, we are going to start talking induction with my OB. I've gotten a little more used to the idea, just took me a few days for it to sink in!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Charlotte and I have been married to my husband, Brandon, for five years. Our first BFP in February 2011 was also a BFS (big fat surprise!)...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.