Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story - Addison Grace
Smithc27 posted:
Hi everyone! The past few days have just been a whirlwind, and I haven't even had a chance to update on here...

I was really hoping to have our Baby Girl within a day or two of my EDD, and was pretty uncomfortable by Saturday morning. I started having contractions around 2pm on Saturday, but they were really irregular; 6 min to 7, then 10 and then they quit (boooo), and started up again at 2 - 3 min, but not very strong. I had pretty well given up my hope for a 2-12 birth... until my water broke around midnight. The contractions immediately started in at 3 min and were very intense. We gathered our bags and headed for the hospital. Poor DH; I was gripping his fingers so hard in the car, I'm sure he thought they would break LOL At the hospital, they immediately took me to L & D, and called my OB to confirm that I could have an epidural. At 2:20, the anethesthisiologist (sp) came in and applied the epidural. After the medicine started to kick in, the nurse checked me and I was a stretchy 4cm. I slept until about 7am, when I woke up and was numb from the abdomen down. The nurse checked me a couple more times, and around 10am, they called my OB in and said it was time to push.

Since my legs were completely numb and I couldn't move them on my own, a nurse held one leg in position and DH held the other, while my OB coached me through the contractions. After 2 hrs of pushing, Addison Grace came into the world, healthy and with a pair of VERY strong lungs! Everyone is doing great, and Addy is settling into life at home with us. The entire experience was different from what I thought it would be... it was so much better, and I got the best birthday present ever, two days early I will miss each and every one of you, and will be checking in on you to read your birth stories!
~Charlotte(26), DH(27), Furry child Gin (Aussie), M/C 3/2/2011, BFP 6/6/2011 EDD 2/12/2012, Pink Team!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Congrats and to have her on your due date is awesome.I am so excited for you!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Lysana responded:
AH! Congratulations, Charlotte! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your sweet baby girl!
Kelly (33) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

BethAnn88 responded:
Yay! Congrats Charlotte and welcome baby Addison! (love her name BTW!) So glad she's here safe and sound and I hope you and your DH enjoy every minute with her!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hopefulk77 responded:
Congratulations - beautiful story and her name is gorgeous! Welcome baby Addison x
K (34), DH (35), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks), Chemical May11. IVF1: BFP Oct 17th EDD 28June2012

nicram8683 responded:
Congrats on your new baby girl!!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Yay! Congratulations! Welcome to the world Addison Grace!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD 8/23/12. Green team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jessica, and I am 28 years old. My husband and I have been together for 11 years, married for 4. We have a 3 year old son, Avery Francis, t...More

Helpful Tips

How & Why To Trigger A Post
Because we know there are sensitive issues our Members would like to discuss on our communities we have a label called a "Trigger". We want ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 44 found this helpful