Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
So...
Lysana posted:
Yesterday I was fine with still being pregnant. Today? Not so much. Not that I'm still pregnant, but that I'm not having contractions. I feel like if we were going to have a February baby, I'd be in early labor by now. Bekah was born almost 32 hours after the start of labor, so I feel like time is really running out. Also, since labor started first thing in the morning with her, since it hasn't started yet, today, I feel like we have at least until tomorrow morning to get started, which means he won't be here until at least Thursday. Boo.
Kelly (33) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Lysana responded:
Just lost my "mucus plug."

Well, that was gross. And now you can all be grossed out with me.

Suspect it was from all the effort my midwife put into stripping my membranes yesterday, rather from any particular progress, but it's somewhat satisfying anyway. I figured I was losing it in bits and pieces and wasn't going to see a real "plug." I was wrong. That was nasty, LOL!
Kelly (33) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

vybe77 replied to Lysana's response:
Kelly this is so exciting!! Thank you for posting (it has made me smile!)
I will be thinking of you today and hoping all goes as you wish it to..try to KUP if you can and GL with Samuel's birth

nicram8683 responded:
ooohhhh maybe you will have a leap year baby!! How exciting. This opportunity only comes around every 4 years Then you can decide to celebrate his bday on 2/28 or 3/1 hehe. I always thought about how cool it would be to be born on Feb 29th!! Hope all goes well!!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

Lysana replied to nicram8683's response:
I kind of feel like if he were going to arrive tomorrow, though, I'd already be having contractions today (based on my labor with Bekah). I've been "expecting" a 2/29 baby ever since I found out my EDD was 2/24, though. I guess we'll see...it's still possible! I'll keep you ladies posted, although - frustratingly - I can't post on here with my Kindle (although I can read updates) - so Mary or Mandy will have to update for me once I go to the hospital...whenever that happens!

codysu replied to Lysana's response:
I'm still rooting for a February baby for you!! You still have time to start those contractions. So excited for you to meet Samuel!!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

hgreenwood7058 replied to Lysana's response:
I am still rooting for a feb baby for you as well. Exciting about usuing your mucus plug. Atleast its a good sign that things are going somewhere (even if its going slowly). Maybe you will just have a fast delivery once you get into that active labor (one can hope). If you are able to post on FB than I will keep looking there as well . Come on Baby S make your appearance! :0)
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

MaryKate167 replied to Lysana's response:
I said 2/29 from the day I got your "I'm preggo" text.

With Jack, I lost my mucus plus about an hour before my contractions went to 3 minutes apart. Have hope, my love! IT WILL HAPPEN!

My phone is always on. And I check it throughout the night, just in case you'd sent me a text!

Love you both! I can't wait to hear about him and see photos tomorrow!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

Lysana replied to MaryKate167's response:
LOL, we'll see. Still not much! I've been losing mucus plug all day...remarkable how much of it there is! Yikes! Haha. I just had a massage...hoping SOMETHING will work! Wish me luck!

nicram8683 replied to Lysana's response:
Good Luck!! I still also have my fingers crossed for a 2/29 entrance into the world for your little guy!!

Lysana replied to nicram8683's response:
Really discouraged now...couldn't sleep well, and now we have severe storms moving in, with a threat through early afternoon. I expect my body is just going to shut down when that happens, because severe weather terrifies me. Looking likely that little Samuel will be a March baby, after all.

vybe77 replied to Lysana's response:
Hi Kelly
This is so exciting!!
Ok when I read the part about you not sleeping well it reminded me how I did not sleep well the night before I went into labor with my 3 yr old DS..I never knew it was early labor keeping me up but I just couldn't seem to get comfortable enough to fall asleep so it was a really long night..
Then the weather part..IDK (it's really just a feeling) but because OF the weather I am thinking it might just happen today..Irony sometimes has a way of making room for itself in everyday life..
And just think of the incredible birth story Samuel would have
I am putting my vote on today..the plug is out so it should start very soon..fingers crossed XX
If you can KUP

BethAnn88 replied to Lysana's response:
Sorry little Samuel isn't cooperating. But the day's far from over! You never know, maybe this time you'll have a quicker labor.

We've got those storms going through here too. Not fun. But hopefully the weather won't be too bad down there.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

nicram8683 replied to Lysana's response:
I am still holding out for a Leap Year Baby!! lol. I woke up today and all I could think of was getting online & seeing your progress lol.

Sorry you couldnt sleep, but maybe it is your body getting ready!! There are a lot of hours left in the day! Keeping you in my thoughts today!

hgreenwood7058 replied to Lysana's response:
I think i am going to agree with Vicki. I wonder if this storm (kind of like a tornado--the eye of the storm...he's just waiting in there and when you least suspect it....BAM he wants to come out lol). And if you think about it in a positive way if its planning to rain then you will have a pretty rainbow. Maybe its your lil pumpkin wanting to say hi before lil brother comes. Hugs and best wishes (positive thoughts and labor vibes!).
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (31) DH (31) DS (pal grad 1/17/10). m/c 5/08 10/08. Trust in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful