Skip to content
Today...
codysu posted:
was our anatomy scan! Everything looks great, they did tons of measurements, we got to see the baby from head to toe! With the triple screen and the u/s, our odds for birth defects are very low, and we are so relieved. The best news is that we found out we are having a GIRL!!! We are so excited to be on Team Pink!!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Lysana responded:
Eeeee! Congrats, Cody! (I won't ruin the surprise by putting what you found out in the top part of this.) So excited for you!
Kelly (33) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

bethann88 responded:
Awww, congrats Cody!! So glad everything's looking good!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

nicram8683 responded:
Yay Congrats Cody!!! Ummm, now your hubby might have to return some of those clothes he purchased LOL.

A funny story, I actually love the colors green & brown myself. So when my DD was born, I had a lot of green & brown clothes and blankies etc. And her car seat/stroller was given to us by a friend and the pattern was blue/white/brown plaid and people would always ask me if she was a boy. So I decided that if this one was a girl, I was going all out pink frufu for everything.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

hgreenwood7058 responded:
YAY! We needed some more girls. I am excited for you and glad that everything looks good and odds of a birth defect are very low which is great! So happy for you!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

codysu replied to nicram8683's response:
Thanks ladies! Nicole, did you see that DH already replaced everything with pink? LOL He was a little disappointed yesterday, but I think he is accepting that we are having a girl. I think that probably helped for him to exchange the blue stuff for pink stuff.

My dad and stepmom have already bought some onesies that say "I'm cute, I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan" and of course they are either blue or gray. My stepmom's friend said if it was a girl she would make some bows for her to wear with the outfit so nobody would think she was a boy.

I am actually excited to get to buy cute girly stuff! I saw some frilly little dresses at JC Penney a few weeks ago and was really hoping we would have a girl. But obviously would have been thrilled either way.

nicram8683 replied to codysu's response:
Yeah I saw that! How cute. I know I was so glad with my DD. I loved the frilly dresses and bows. I still love it. I love having my lil girly girl. This time around I didnt care either way, I guess you get that way after 2 years of trying. But I kinda hoped for a boy so I could do all the boy stuff like the little suits & ties I see at the store.

jedmonds12 replied to nicram8683's response:
Whee!! I'm hoping for the same result myself, but we won't know for quite some time. Our first tri u/s & genetic screen stuff is on April 2, but I'll only be about 11 wks. Too early!

Congrats to you and your DH, even if he is slightly disappointed
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

codysu replied to jedmonds12's response:
Thanks! Yea, he kind of hurt my feelings (not intentionally) this morning, so of course the waterworks started. He is so hung up on the family name, blah blah blah. I told him women give up their names all the time when they get married, and having a son doesn't guarantee the family name will continue on. I just want him to get over it and just be happy about our little girl! I am so excited, and it bugs me that he doesn't seem to be as excited as I am. I think that is why my feelings got hurt. I know I got what I wanted (I secretly wanted a girl) but I wouldn't have moped around had it turned out to be a boy. He needs to get over it already! Ok rant is over, thanks for "listening".

hgreenwood7058 replied to codysu's response:
lol cody. Its okay to rant. DH was actually kind of dissapointed at our anatomy scan as well (he wanted a girl). He even made the comment when we were in bed that night that he kinda wished it woulda been a girl instead even though it was a boy. He got over it just had to get used to it. Dh's dad also wanted a girl. I was happy either way but woulda liked a girl 1st. But now everyone is happy and excited. I think your hubby will get over it in a day or two and once you guys start thinking about names he may get more excited. And now days just because your having a girl doesn't mean she will change her name when she gets married. She could become a dr and decide she wants to keep her name (we have quite a few married doctors here at the medical center I work for and even though they are married they have diff last names). Hugs
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

nicram8683 replied to codysu's response:
Oh Cody so sorry to hear he hurt your feelings I think like Heather said it might take him a bit to get used to the idea since he was so strongly hoping for a boy. I think that is why I didnt let myself get to excited for one or the other because I didnt want to be slightly disappointed. My hubby thought this was a girl, so when I told him it was a boy, he was floored. Not to go into crazy detail, but the job he has in the army has him around a lot of radiation and satellites, which effect male sperm. Almost all the guys he works with have all girls. You rarely get male children in his job field. So we really lucked out. lol

Give him a few days, he will come around.

codysu replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thanks girls. I think he is coming around. We are about to buy the furniture for the nursery, so that is exciting. And I think he felt bad making me cry, so he is trying to not show his disappointment. A friend told me she knew of a couple that wanted a boy, and they cried at the u/s when they found out it was a girl. So I guess it's not so uncommon.

Nicole that is cool that he lucked out with a boy. That is crazy that it can effect the sex of the baby though.

hopefulk77 replied to codysu's response:
Great news Cody! A wee girl - how exciting! DH wanted a wee girl, but was pleased with the boy news - all his family have girls so this is the first boy in 28years! I think he was shocked!

As to FB - i think I missed the post details can you send me your name and I'll add you to mine
K (34), DH (35), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks), Chemical May11. IVF1: BFP Oct 17th EDD 28June2012 Blue team :D

codysu replied to hopefulk77's response:
Thanks Kirsty! 1st boy in 28 yrs! Wow!
Sometimes people have a hard time finding me. My username is codysu. Cody Sutton Hoskins with a pic of me and DH on our wedding.

nicram8683 replied to hopefulk77's response:
On my side of the family, my brother is the only boy as far as cousins go, I have 7 female cousins, and then my brother lol. So he texted me the day of the U/S saying "please text me when you find out I am not the only boy in this family anymore" lol
My husband has a step brother, who only has a girl. So I was kinda excited to have a boy to carry on his family name.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH (31) DS (2) MC 11/09, 6/10

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.