Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
***GTKYFP*** 2/29
bethann88 posted:
Today's Question: With today being Leap Day it got me wondering.... Are there any dates around your EDD that you would like your LO to have as their birthday? Are there any days you would like to avoid?

With an EDD of 4/2 everyone keeps teasing me about having an April Fool's baby. But I really don't mind if he is born on April Fool's Day. That date doesn't bother me. The day I'd REALLY like to avoid is 3/31. Not because I have anything against the date itself, but because my BIL is getting married that day!! YIKES!! Didn't plan that one out very well! So I would really, really, REALLY like to avoid that day altogether.

There's not a particular day that I hope he is born on. Although I've often thought it'd be nice if he's born on 3/29. That will be the third anniversary of when I got my first ever BFP. So I think it'd be neat to be able to come full circle and welcome our little guy to the world that day.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

nicram8683 responded:
For me, I really dont care when he is born, as long as it is in June. With my EDD 6/25, I am hoping that wont be an issue. My DD came 3 weeks early, I am hoping this one stays in. We are moving to AZ at the end of April, so I would like the month of May to get settled in, unpack, and get a room together for him. We arent buying anything for baby til we get there because we only have a certain weight allowance that the military will pack for us. Plus with trying to sell the house, less clutter. So if he comes to early, we wont be ready.

I have 1 family member with a 6/3 bday, besides that, there is nothing in June that I can think of. There arent even any holidays that month I think. So any day he picks is good with me
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It doesn't matter to me too much as to when he is born as long as its after 36 weeks. My sister is due when I am 35.5 weeks along but is being induced when I am 35 weeks (Around march 12th). I would like to avoid having him in march unless its the very end of march. It would be kind of neat to have him around the 8th of April (easter sunday) which is DH's uncles birthday as well and he will be in town during that time. I have had a feeling the entire pregnancy that I will go two weeks early so its quite plausible with an EDD of 4/17
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

htots responded:
I have so many nephews and nieces with birthdays all throughout the year. But August is still open, so I am pretty happy about that

But our due date is five days before our wedding anniversary. I Won't be the end of the world if the baby comes that day. But it would be nice to keep those days separate!

codysu responded:
We have friends whose son's birthday is 7/30, so I hope to not have her born close to that date. The reason is the dad's birthday is the day after mine, and he can be a jerk sometimes, and the minute it turns midnight everybody says "it's not your birthday anymore, now it's his!" This just furiates me as why can't it be both of our birthdays??? I share mine with my mom and several friends, so I don't have any problem sharing, I've done it my entire life. So I don't want that stupid drama with my kid and their kid. I want my kid to have her own birthday. That may sound petty, but otherwise I don't really care.
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

jedmonds12 responded:
I don't really have a preference for any dates in October; I like the whole month!! I think my 10/7 EDD will be pushed back closer to the 12th once we have our first-tri u/s. I'm really not expecting a baby until after the 15th of October anyway. Just a feeling

A midwife on another message board that I'm on said that the average length of pregnancy has recently been discovered to be 274 days instead of 266, making it closer to 41 weeks from conception to birth.

K was born at exactly 41 weeks, so I buy the theory!
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

MaryKate167 responded:
This baby is due 7/12. I'd like to avoid 7/8, as that's my ex-husbands birthday....but I'm ok with any other day. I think it would be cool to have a 4th of July baby.

My nephew, who is overseas in the Army, was born on the 7th. Would be cool for them to share a birthday!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

codysu replied to MaryKate167's response:
I didn't even think about the ex's birthday, which is 7/15. Hopefully baby girl is not that early!

nicram8683 replied to codysu's response:
hehe, we must all look for similar things in men, my ex husbands bday is 7/19, but since little man is due 6/25 I dont think I have to worry about that! lol
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

Mandy_Smiles responded:
This is an interesting post because I actually do have a huge issue with my EDD and it has really been an internal emotional battle ever since our doc told us the EDD. My heart dropped the moment she said the date. My EDD is the same date that I was assaulted and put in the hospital 10 years ago back in college. I have been through a lot of counseling and feel like I have moved past it, but I still try to disappear on that date every year so that I don't have to face the world. I keep trying to convince myself that this baby will NOT likely be born on the EDD so I don't have anything to worry about. Gwen came after I was induced 8 days her EDD, so I feel like this baby will be late as well. When people ask me what my due date is I tend to say "the end of August" because it is hard for that date to even pass over my lips. I feel selfish even worrying about this at all, any day that this baby enters the world will be a blessing.
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD 8/23/12. Green team!

codysu replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
Oh Mandy, what a tough day for you. Like you said, the chances your baby will be born on that date is very slim. I hope you don't have the baby on that day, but if you do, you will have a very special memory to replace the awful one from 10 yrs ago. It is so ironic that the EDD fell on this date. I'm sorry this is bringing back those bad memories for you. Sending you big ((hugs)).

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from 9 years. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.