Skip to content
ultrasound today
scarolinarn posted:
So today I should be just over 7 weeks and I'm going for another ultrasound- hoping to see a heartbeat this time. I went for one a couple of weeks ago and measured at 5w3d- they were able to see a sac and an early fetal pole. The day can't go by fast enough- the not knowing whether all is ok is so hard.
Nichole(29)DH(30)DS(2):chemical pregnancy x2, missed mc w/D

bethann88 responded:
Good luck!! Hope all looks perfect with your LO. Please KUP.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Good luck. I hope everything turns out well! KUP.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

codysu responded:
Good luck today!!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

MaryKate167 responded:
GOod luck!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

scarolinarn responded:
Thanks for all the well wishes, but things did not go as expected. Like I said earlier, I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and measured 5w3d and so today should have been 7 weeks, but was only measuring 6w1d and no heartbeat. The dr said that based on what I am measuring that it's fine to not see a heartbeat, but obviously I should be measuring farther along. I'm gonna go back next Thursday and have another ultrasound to see if there are any changes, but realistically I don;t expect good news. If I was truly only 6 weeks then that would mean that I got a BFP at conception since I've known I was pregnant for 4 weeks. At this point, and I know it's too soon to be thinking this way, but I'm not sure if DH and I have in it to keep trying., This is our 5th pregnancy in 4 years with 4 losses. Thanks again and good luck to all of you.

codysu replied to scarolinarn's response:
Oh I'm so sorry. Big hugs to you.
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

hgreenwood7058 replied to scarolinarn's response:
Hugs nichole. I am so sorry.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

bethann88 replied to scarolinarn's response:
Oh Nichole, I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Nichole, I am so sorry. Sending you tons of gentle (((HUGS))).
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD 8/23/12. Green team!

vybe77 replied to scarolinarn's response:
Hi Nichole I am so sorry that you have to go through this and I hope that the week has not been too difficult to bare..I am here thinking of you because today is your 2nd u/s and I am here to wish you good luck and I am crossing everything there is to cross that the outcome today will be positive!!
Please KUP when you can..
((HUGS))

Hugs nicole I hoep that you get a suprise and your LO had a big growth spurt. We are here for you know matter the outcome. Best wishes.

scarolinarn responded:
So repeat ultrasound showed no changes.....no heartbeat and no growth. Having a D&C in the morning- I had expected this and since my body is obviously not recognizing this on its own I am ready to get past this. My Dr did say she is gonna run a few more tests to see if we have possibly missed something. It's weird, though, how much this is following the exact same cycle as before my son. I had a chemical pregnancy then a missed m/c with growth stopping at 6w4d followed by my son and again chemical pregnancy and then missed m/c with growth stopping at 6w3d... I can only hope that means next time will result in a successful pregnancy. Thanks again for all the well wishes and I wish you all the best with your pregnancies.

Hugs. I am sorry I was really hoping for you. I hope you are right and that the next time you get pregnant is a super sticky strong lil one. Hugs and best wishes

vybe77 replied to scarolinarn's response:
I am so sorry that the outcome was not better..
It's a good thing that the Dr. will run some more tests just to be sure..you never know maybe they will find an explanation this time..
I understand your frustration at the repeat in events that have brought you here..I too just m/c (spotting started on 02/22 and I actually m/c 03/07) and I was about 6 1/2 weeks along when the spotting started..6 months ago (last summer) I m/c at 6 weeks along and I am also hoping that the next pregnancy will be the charmed one..
I am lurking from the TTCAL board and there you will meet an exceptional bunch of women who have an endless supply of wisdom and support so when you feel up to it you should come on over there and join us..
I hope the D&C tomorrow will be quick and painless and I hope that you will heal quickly so that you may head in the direction that you and your hubby decide to head..
I am thinking of you and hope to see you posting again soon.
Take care..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (31) DH (31) DS (pal grad 1/17/10). m/c 5/08 10/08. Trust in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.