Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi Everyone
michelle063007 posted:
So, i'm not sure that I'm ready to "officially join" the group yet, but I guess I just needed some positive thoughts. I am 8 weeks 3 days today. I've had 2 m/c in the past year. I am so paranoid and i'm worried something is going to happen again. The symptoms that I have are: sore breasts, nausea sometimes when I let my stomach get empty and I'm tired a lot. Some of these symptoms come and go--does anyone else experience this too? I don't want to seel sick 24/7 but when I'm feeling better I start to panic that something is wrong. The symptoms always come back but I get so nervous. Any advice on not panicing and remaining calm? I know stressing is no good. We had an u/s last Friday and saw a strong heart beat (141/min--the u/s tech said it was strong??) and the baby was measuring perfectly. I thought that would help me feel better but I still don't. I want to be happy about this pregnancy and get excited, but I cant seem to yet.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hugs. I was wondering how you were doing. I have read that a lot of women get the symptoms that come and go. I ended up with a lot of m/s but still was scared out of my witts during this whole pregnancy. Its common for us to feel this way since we experienced something horrible. It makes us go back to that place. The only thing that helped me keep some of the fears away was by keeping myself busy as much I possibly could so that my mind wouldn't stray. The more I sat by myself or was alone not doing anything the worse the worries were so keeping busy (but not overdoing it) was the best for me. It takes everyone time to fully be comfortable in pregnancy and even then some just stay nervous throughout until their holding their lil one. Mine eased quite a bit when I could start feeling lil man (20.5 weeks for me) but i do still worry. It sounds like your u/s went very well and yay for a great heartbeat. Hugs and best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

vybe77 responded:
Hi Michelle I am happy to see you are venturing out to the PAL board but I so understand the fear you speak of..I was feeling the same way and I think that now that I have had another loss (2 in 6 months) I will be the most nervous basket case the next time..
I guess Heather is right when she says to try and keep ourselves busy..I just don't know how busy I would have to be to actually not worry because I am a natural worrier..
I think after going through losses like we have there can never be a worry free pregnancy after that..it sucks for us but there it is..what I hate the most is that I had 3 successful almost perfect pregnancies and now this happens..so I will never again relive the wonderful experience of going through a pregnancy w/o having to worry..although I have had more successes than not the losses take over our rational and just runs away on us..
I would say like Heather that it is very good that you had such a great u/s results and also that you are now 8 weeks along..your losses both occurred during weeks 6-7 if I am not mistaken? (days 42 & 49 respectively?) so at least you have beat that by a whole week and that is awesome..
Allow yourself to enjoy that because it is absolutely great!!
GL and KUP

bethann88 responded:
Hey Michelle! Glad to see you here! The first tri can be so nerve wracking. It's really hard not worry about everything little thing. But feeling nervous is perfectly normal, especially after what we've already been through. It does get easier the further along you get. But in the meantime, you just have to hang in there, take it a day at a time and have faith that everything will be okay. Like Heather said, keeping yourself busy so you don't think too much helps too. Sounds like you are definitely off to a great start!

Sending lots of hugs and healthy growing baby vibes!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

nicram8683 responded:
Hi Michelle and welcome!! My symptoms came and went a lot in the beginning of the first tri. Then m/s hit me bad for just a few weeks, coupled with a cold, then around 14 weeks, nothing. I never had sore breasts, but I was plagued with fatigue the whole time, and still am at 24w4d. I know its easier said then done, but try not to overthink it

As far as "feeling better" about the pregnancy, ugh, I have to say I have been in that same boat. I know for some women after certain milestones they feel better, but for me, I still feel like I will go to my next Dr. appt and I will get bad news. I heard the h/b, reached 2nd tri, anatomy scan, and just Monday hit 24 wks, viability. I think this week is the first time I actually felt relief knowing that if he were to make an appearance, he would have a good shot at surviving. Hope you start to feel better as time goes on! CONGRATS on the pregnancy!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

michelle063007 responded:
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts. It helps a lot! Yes, Vybe I did have a loss in week 6 and one in week 7--so it does help knowing I've made it past those dates . And seeing the hb--which we never made it to either time before. Like Heather said, I'll just have to try to keep myself busy (even though I'm soooo tired ) But it does seem to be when I'm bored or alone that I start thinking, oh, do my boobs still hurt? Why don't I feel like throwing up right now? Thanks again...I look forward to spending the next 7-8 months here with you guys!

BridgetBurke replied to michelle063007's response:
I am so glad you decided to join us. I really miss the "naive" pregnancy I had with DS. I did feel some relief at the hb and u/s. Some more after my high risk dr said all looks great, but I still have days were fear gets the better of me too. I am sure we will all feel that way until we hold our LO in our arms. At least we have each other to help stay strong (and sane. LOL.) All the best to you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

hey everyone, my name is serena. i'll be 25 years old in july and have been in a committed relationship for almost seven years(end of aug). he is ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.