Skip to content
GTKYFP 3/9
jedmonds12 posted:
Today's question is inspired by a news story about crazy names!

So, if YOU had to be named after one of the 50 U.S. states, which would you choose?

BONUS QUESTION: Which would you choose for that girl that you don't like very much who thinks she's better than everyone else and totally has it coming?

Personally, I'd go with Montana. It holds a special place in my heart and it's not too wacky.

And I'd give "that girl" the name Idaho. She could try to shorten it to Ida, but we'd all know. Teehee!
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
lol Julie (or montana hehe). Umm Your making me think here about the states (with a pregnancy brain at that lol). I suppose Dakota would work (it is acually used as a name even). I would leave off the South/North unless I had to pick then maybe north I dunno lol. For the girl who is a butt. Hmm Mississippi or Arkansas (don't know why. mississippi is hard to spell and it says pp in it and arkansas makes me think of really old cow boys).
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

MaryKate167 responded:
If I had to name myself after a state, I'd pick....Maine. Why? I have no idea, but it's somewhere I'd really like to go!

For the bitchy girl that I've hated all my life, I'd go with Idaho (that's fricken HILARIOUS, BTW) or Massachusetts. That would be torture to spell!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

nicram8683 responded:
I would have to choose my own name as probably Georgia. Its a name that is used and doenst seem to out of the ordinary.

And for that other person, hehe I also like Idaho
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

bethann88 responded:
Oh Julie, you crack me up! I think Idaho is a very fitting name for "that girl".

For myself, I'd choose Carolina. No reason in particular, though. I just like the way it sounds.
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

BridgetBurke responded:
Great question! I agree with you on "that girl". Idaho is perfect. hehehe. For myself: Hmmmm. . . .maybe Arizona. I have no idea why. It is different without being too crazy.

What state would your DH/SO be? Mine would probably be Tennessee because of the music culture of the area. Although country music is not his favorite, he loves all genres so would probably get a kick out of that. LOL.

jedmonds12 replied to BridgetBurke's response:
I like the DH/SO bonus question!

Mine is from Hawaii, and half his friends already call him Hawaiian, so I think he'd stick with that!
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH (31) DS (2) MC 11/09, 6/10

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.