Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
GTKYFP 3/14
jedmonds12 posted:
Be prepared for birthday-related questions; my brain is wholly consumed by the party I'm expected to throw for K's 1st birthday next month!!

Do you like to have your cake and eat it, too? Or are you more of a pie person? What's your favorite (and least favorite) flavor?

I LOVE ME some guava chiffon cake from Hawaii. And there's a local bakery here in WA that makes an AH-mazing fresh strawberry & whipped cream cake when strawberries are in season; it's a close second!!

I think my least favorite thing is cake that's slathered in that thick, stiff, plastic-y, over-sugared "frosting" that a lot of supermarket bakeries use. *GAG*
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

BethAnn88 responded:
I'm more of a pie kind of gal... In my eyes, nothing beats a homemade blackberry pie. YUM!!!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hgreenwood7058 responded:
This will probably sound funny but I love me some chocolate cake (from the box!) and chocolate frosting. And maybe some sugar sprinkles depending on the day. I have never cared too much for store bought cake (unless its a ice cream cake from DQ on occassion). I do however love me some good berry pie (Sheri's marionberry or triple berry pie warmed up with a scoop of ice cream. yum). lol.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

nicram8683 responded:
I love banana cake. There is a bakery in my hometown that has the most amazing banana cake. You can also get it in the box or even the premade cakes at the grocery store. What sucks is that here in the west (at least CO) they dont sell it ANYWHERE, not in the box, pre made, I even went to a bakery and they dont make it. My mom will literally buy boxes and send them to me in the mail so I can make it at home. I grew up eating banana cake and have not had a birthday cake for myself in my entire life that I can remember that wasnt banana.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

BridgetBurke responded:
Homemade Hershey's dark chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. Yum! I know it's kinda boring, but it is soooo amazingly awesome. Also, since my birthday is Sunday I have a perfect excuse to eat a big 'ole piece. Red velvet follows behind by just a bit.

I do also like pie, but I am again very boring and love pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream. The pie has to be homemade though. I can't stand store-made/frozen pumpkin pie. Apple crumb is a close second.

codysu responded:
I like chocolate cake best, but it has to be with cream cheese frosting! DH is more of a pie guy. I like pie as long as it is accompanied by some ice cream! LOL

My least favorite is devil's food...I hate the frosting with the coconut shavings, they are just gross! I could eat the cake if it had cream cheese frosting instead.
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Charlotte and I have been married to my husband, Brandon, for three years. Our first BFP in February 2011 was also a BFS (big fat surprise!...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful