Skip to content
GTKYFP 3/21
jedmonds12 posted:
It's kinda quiet around here, isn't it? Hopefully this will get things moving.

How did you meet your DH/BF/SO? Where, when, how, all the good stuff! Bonus: tell us about your guys' first kiss!

I met Chris at my last job. I worked upstairs in the call center and he worked down in the warehouse. A mutual friend introduced us and we started having lunch together. He would also stop by my desk even though he had no reason to be in the call center. It started as more of a friendship and then we realized we had deeper feelings for each other after about a month of spending time together.

I (technically) had a boyfriend at the time but I couldn't even tell you how many times I broke up with him and told him to leave/move out... but he just... wouldn't go! It was SO weird. Anyway, telling my ex-who-wouldn't-leave that I was seeing someone else finally got him to leave, so that worked out well!

We had some minor drama for a while because the mutual "friend" who introduced me and Chris decided that she actually wanted to date Chris, so she was always calling him and randomly coming by his house. She invited him to a get-together at a local bar and he invited me and she got so mad she threw her drink on the floor and stormed out. Haha!

Our first kiss was... electric. We had both just begun to realize there was something more between us than friendship. I was thinking about kissing him (over analyzing, really) when he got up, walked across the room, and kissed me. I'm pretty sure I melted. I don't remember much after that!
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

nicram8683 responded:
What a fun question. My story is kinda long....but I will simplify as best I can

My best friend was married to a guy in the Army and he was in Iraq. We heard rumors that he was on online dating sites looking to talk to other women. So I created a *fake* online dating profile to be able to sign into these sites to see if we could find him. Well we did, and it was pretty devastating for my friend. This happened over the course of months, and during that time, guys would email my *profile* and I just ignored them. Months later I got a message from this guy and for some reason I decided to respond and tell him that my *profile* wasnt really me, that it was made up. He starting asking me questions about myself and for some reason, we kept emailing.

This guy was in the Army and was stationed in Korea. I had just gone through a divorce & was a single mom. I had no interest in being in a relationship. We spent months talking online and playing games together on Yahoo. Then he said he was coming home and wanted to meet me (his mom lived about 45 mins from me). We met, went to a movie, and it was instant chemistry. After 1 week he went back to Korea, and we continued talking online.

Fast forward a year later, he comes back to the states for 3 months before heading to Iraq. We spent a few days together then, and thats when he met my daughter for the first time. Halfway through his Iraq tour, he came home for R&R and we went to Vegas where he proposed. 15 months later he was home from Iraq, we were moving to Colorado and got married.

Prior to the day we married, we had spent a total of maybe 5-7 weeks actually together over a 2 1/2 year period. It was the best decision I ever made in my life and have been so happy since the first day he sent me that email. Its so corny when I tell people we met online, but I honestly believe it was fate that brought us together in this unconventional way.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

bethann88 responded:
I like hearing how everyone met their SO!

I met my DH through a blind date my cousin set up. Her husband and my DH had been friends since they were kids and she decided the two of us would be perfect for each other. I honestly didn't want to meet him at first. I hated to be fixed up. But I reluctantly agreed to a double date with my cousin and her husband.

We met and had a nice evening. We didn't instantly hit it off, but we did have a lot in common and he seemed like someone worth getting to know a little better. So we left that night with plans to see each other again soon. The next week, we went out again and that time we really clicked. We ended up just sitting and talking for hours. It's like we'd know each other forever. We've been inseparable ever since. We dated for a little over a year before getting engaged and now we've been married 4.5 years.

Our first kiss happened a few weeks after we met. His brother was getting married around that time and DH asked me to go with him. After the wedding, he was walking me to my car and we stood there in the dark talking for a few minutes. Then he just leaned over and kissed me. It was very sweet and one of those moments you remember forever!
Me(30) DH(32) Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks).
Surprise BFP 7/22/11!!! - EDD 4/2/12 - Blue Team

hgreenwood7058 responded:
DH and I went to school together and we had some mutual friends (he was on the football team and I was on the varsity dance team) and so every once in a while our groups would sit together and eat lunch. It wasn't actually until after we graduated that we really even talked to each other though. I just came back from visiting on of my best guy friends (I needed to get away as an ex who i was planning on dating again who was my 1st love was told by a friend that I had cheated on him when I never did and thus caused a lot of drama so i left town. Intentions were to leave for a weekend but I left for two weeks). I came back and decided that I just wanted to have fun and not deal with anything before college that was due to start in september (this was end of june). A friend and I decided to go to a "party" (there as no alcohol it was basically a giant hang out at one of her guy friends house. we actually were 2 of 3 girls out of the prob 20 people there). Well DH, me, friend and a few others decided to play pool. Started out as an innocent game of pool and then friends bright idea was "why not play strip pool". Well it worked in my favor because I kept winning. I don't know how. DH ended up being down to his boxers (didn't make people get completely naked) and his body down in his boxers and about 10 or so other guys all with there shirts off. Overall not a bad night. I decided to ask the friend if I could have his number so that we could possibly hang out again. When I text him he was up for it. We went out to the river the next day and talked and hung out for hours. Even had a little dog (black puppy maybe 12 weeks old) run in between us on the blanket it was funny. At the end of us hanging out that day he decided to ask me out and I decided to say yes even though I was leary since I recently had my heart rebroken by my ex. During our 1st month together I was kicked out of my house because my moms bf didn't like it when I stood my ground on him being mean and rude to my mom, my mom had neck surgery to replace a bone in her neck, his truck was vandelized, my friend who I ended up moving in with go in a bad car accident along with some other things. Needless to say he stuck by me through all of it so I decided that I really needed to give this a try. Most guys woulda ran with all of that. He also stuck by my throughout college as well and during the time I was having some medical issues. We dated for 4yr2mo and then he proposed on my 22nd birthday. We got married that following june (5 years after we started dating).And we will have been married 2 years this coming june. (total of 7 years together and going strong)

Oh and the 1st kiss. hmm interesting lol. It was the day I said yes to dating him. Felt a little awkward since we were walking back to his truck but all the ones after that have been very nice lol.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

htots responded:
We met in College. His cousin (my best friend now) was my roomate. I didn't meet him till the following year when his sister moved into our house. When we first met he would barely look me in the eyes. Probably didn't talk to me till about the third time I met him and I didn't think anything about it Eventually his sister told him he should talk to me because she thought we would get along. At the time I was not wanting to date but there was something about that man. I wanted to be around him all the time! We kept our budding relationship a secret for a really long time because I didn't want family members involving themselves. But it did not take long to fall in love with him (even though I didn't admit it till two years later). We have been together for almost seven years and it has been a blast. We are best friends and madly in love.

Our first kiss definately gave me butterflies. It was all very exciting because we were so secretive about our time together. The first time we kissed was after dinner at his apartment. Everyone else thought I was studying at the library. He he! I remember our first kisses being very passionate

jedmonds12 responded:
Awwww, maybe it's all the pregnancy hormones, but all these stories are making me feel all mushy!! Keep 'em coming!!
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

codysu responded:
Love all of these stories!

I played on a pool (billiards) league about 13-14 yrs ago. My team met at the same bar every Monday night, and we played a different team. It was at a pool bar, so there were about 20-30 league pool tables, and only one non-league table. The first night I met DH, a guy on another team had put some money in the jukebox and got 20 selections. He put in 5 songs, and said he didn't want to stand there all night putting songs in. So I jumped in and added songs, and other people kept coming up suggesting songs to add. DH was one of those people, and he suggested a lot of classic rock that I'd never heard of, so we flirted a little bit. The following week, he was there again (DH was not in the league, he just lived up the street) and he was playing on the challenge table (the only non-league table), and as I was leaving, he asked me to play. So we played a few games and he asked me out. I didn't expect much from our date as I had already been married and divorced twice, so I was just looking at it as a fun night out. Our first date was great, we went to Dave & Busters and played pool and had a great time, and I realized he had an awesome personality and sense of humor. We have a lot in common and are both from TX. From that point on we were inseperable. We dated for 8 yrs before we got married (we bought our house after we'd been together 5 yrs). We have been married almost 5 yrs. So 13 yrs total together in July. First kiss was wonderful!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I really feel like we were destined to meet. This story needs a little bit of a back story. My DH went to a private university in the same town I was attending a state university. He graduated 5 years before me and was in town for a "reunion" that him and his buddies had every year, basically a get together to catch up. He said that he almost didn't go that year to the reunion. A lot of tings happened to him to get him to the bar we met at. Weird how it all worked out.

It was my 21st birthday and I was out with my only friend who was 21. All of my other friends wouldn't turn 21 for a few weeks so she took me out for my birthday. We went to an Irish pub and she wanted to stay there all night. It was a quiet pub. I wanted to go around to all of the different places and get as many free drinks (Not from strangers, since it was my birthday), so I was not happy to be sitting in a boring bar with my friend and all of HER boring friends. I went to the bathroom and ended up talking to a girl about how I wasn't having a good time and she wanted to buy me a drink. I remember, it was an oatmeal cookie shot! LOL! HER DH came over immediately and started being creepy and hitting on me (I didn't know it was even her DH! LOL! Now I know that he is just a goofball, but at the time it sorta creeped me out) and I grabbed the arm of the nearest man sitting at the bar and told him I was with him... As soon as he left, I was SUPER embarrassed and started apologizing for doing that. The man's arm I randomly grabbed was my DH's. Once we started talking, it was as if we had known each other our entire lives. We actually sat in that same bar for hours without even noticing each other, then I talked to a girl in the bathroom, got hit on by her DH, and met my husband.
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Green team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mama of three, a preteen boy, and two girls ages 2 and 4. TTC since July of 09 with a couple of roadblocks along the way, I had a chemical pregnancy i...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.