Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
37w1d appt update
hgreenwood7058 posted:
37w1d appt No change in dilation since last week (still 1cm, 50% effaced he is not engaged into my pelvis yet). My BP was elevated today and given that I have had a lot of swelling, headaches off and on, trace protein in my urine, in combination with the BP she decided to have me go in for blood work to make sure that everything looks okay there and then I have to go back in tomorrow for a BP check. But said if I get a really bad headache that I need to call. She wants me to go home right after work and put my feet up and not do anything at all(she debated just sending me home then but since i only had about 1.5 hours of my shift left she let me stay). She said I can come to work tomorrow (only because she knows I sit a lot at my job) but I have to come in and get my bp checked. She ran labs as well today. For the most part they look fine. So I am thinking the elevated BP that I have had all day today may have been a fluke but will find out more tomorrow.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

jedmonds12 responded:
Sounds a lot like my update at about that time! I had borderline high BP near the end of my last pg. My feet were suuuuper swollen and I also had trace protein in my urine. Everything turned out fine though. To be safe, my doc scheduled me for an induction 8 days past my due date, but K ended up picking his own bday (7 days past due date).

Hoping these last few weeks go quickly and smoothly for you. You're so close; it's exciting!
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

hgreenwood7058 replied to jedmonds12's response:
I rechecked my bp (I have a home monitor that I bought after i started getting visual disturbances followed by migraine headaches at the beginning of march--had 2 in the same day when I hadn't had any for months). And up until yesterday my bp had been in the normal to lower range. I took it this morning about an hour ago and while my top number has stayed about the same as the recheck from yesterday my bottom number has gone up 18pts from the recheck yesterday. I am going to bring my log in so that she can see what my BP has been doing. I have a feeling if my BP either goes higher or doesn't come down then it may be that she tells me no more work till he gets here.(its not super high just high for me and its a sudden 15-20pt rise on the top and about 10-20pts higher on the bottom than it has been). I hope thats not the case since all I do is sit all day long anyway (may ask if I can work from home possibly since i have a lap top if she is wanting me to stay off my feet--but really it would be the same as i do here just more comfy couch). I really want to work as long as possible so that when I have lil man I can spend my PTO and extended illness with him verses waiting for him to come.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

codysu replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I'm sorry about your wacky bp! I hope you don't have to use any PTO and can work from home if your dr. doesn't want you going in. How are you feeling otherwise? Getting so close now Heather!!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.