Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Samuel's Short Birth Story
Lysana posted:
Samuel John Crawley
Born March 1, 2012
7 lbs, 10.7 oz
20 inches long

I am not certain how long I was "in labor," but I got to the hospital between 8 and 8:30 a.m. on 3/1, and he was born at 2:35 p.m. All natural, although I broke down and asked my midwife to break my water at the very end (he was born within 5-10 minutes after that). But I was soooo ready for it to be over at that point! LOL!

I know, all this time, and I'm still only sharing the "short" details of his birth. I haven't written the actual story up, yet, although I hope to do it next week. Sorry I've been totally MIA...I've been on a "real" computer about three times since he was born, and that was only for about five minutes at a time. Otherwise, I've been on my Kindle Fire, which, for some bizarre reason, won't let me post on here from it.

Hope everyone is doing well! Samuel is asleep, so I'd better get myself to bed, as well...will seriously regret it if I don't. Belly pats, and I will catch up soon!
Kelly (33) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

Lysana responded:
Here are some photos...the first is right after he was born, or, after I was in the maternity room; the second is from last week; and the third was from Thursday.

Can someone who isn't friends with me on FB let me know if you can see these? I had to link them from there. Thanks!

Kelly (33) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2011)

ani05 replied to Lysana's response:
Congrats Kelly! I can see the pics,he is the cutest.

vybe77 replied to Lysana's response:
Lurking from TTCAL...
Congrats again Kelly!! I was hoping you would be back here soon for those of us who are not friends with you on FB..he is adorable and the pics look great!! Can't wait for the long birth story but I understand how busy things get after birth..take care

codysu responded:
I love the pic of him smiling! Such a sweet baby! We miss you, but totally understand you are quite busy. Can't wait to hear the full story!!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

htots responded:
What a handsome little man! Congratulations to you!!

cheyenne828 replied to htots's response:
Congratulations!! So adorable!
Pam 38, DH 39 ~ MC 1 7/7/09 ~ MC 2 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10 DD born 3/24/11 ~ Surprise BFP 3/29/12 EED 12/2/12

ralica replied to Lysana's response:
Kelly, Congrats! He is absolutely adorable! I was so randomly lurking here, just put all kids to bed and got bored... And I am so glad I did... I wish you and your fam all the best, enjoy him!
Me (36), DH (35), 2 mc, our PAL babies - Hannah Elise, born 09/17/08; Paxon Thomas, born 04/03/10; Madelyn Villi, born 11/28/11 Thank You PAL! http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/vip/ralica01

hgreenwood7058 responded:
he looks to be such a sweetie. I was wondering when you were going to post your story. Glad all is well. Best wishes
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I don't know how I didn't see this 2 weeks ago! Congratulations again Kelly, Samuel is beautiful!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Green team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kailah (29) DH (30) Twin Angels 5/06 @10w, and Angel Selah 3/12 @5w, PAL DD Mika 8/7/07 DS Urijah 10/31/08 DS Ezekiah 8/18/10 Snowflake EDD 12/18/1...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.