Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
20 week anatomy scan
Mandy_Smiles posted:
A healthy baby! First and foremost, everything looks perfect! ;D I really liked the ultrasound tech that we had this time. He told us specifics that we were seeing, and why what he was seeing looked good. He made it clear that he is not a doctor and he will just tell us what he has been trained to look for. He said that he was able to see the heart and internal organs better with our scan than he has been able to in awhile. I think that meant that peanut cooperated. He said the heart looks great, all 4 chambers looked good. He explained why the brain looks good. The cord looks good and appears to be attached to the baby correctly. He said the veins in the legs look healthy, which is important information for the umb cord. He said the stomach and bladder both show fluid in them, which indicates that the brain is working properly to tell the baby to swallow fluid, and the internal organs are working properly since the fluid has reached the bladder. He said the kidneys look good because they were hard to see (I guess they want them to be hard to see?). The fluid level is good. My cervix length is good. The spine looks perfect and is totally enclosed within the baby. The internal organs are all within the baby's belly, not protruding into the umb cord, which is good. He said that the baby is measuring at around 20 weeks along, which is what we thought. He also said that the baby is in the 63rd percentile, which makes since because Gwen was 8lbs 14oz so we have big babies. He had nothing but awesome things to share the entire time he was doing the ultrasound! ;D

We had him write down the gender in a card that I brought in and not tell us at the appointment. We did the same thing with Gwen too. I just don't like the idea of finding out while laying down on a table with my belly covered in goop and a bladder full of pee! LOL! So we went to a sit down restaurant and opened the card after we placed our food order. It is just so nice to be able to do it like that and be able to talk about everything without a 3rd person involved in the conversation. It is more intimate for my DH & I.

Now, the news you have all been waiting for......... IT'S A GIRL!!!!!! ;D Looks like more pink, purple, ribbons, bows, and tutu's in our house! Sugar and spice and everything nice! ;D
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Green team!

nicram8683 responded:
Congrats for baby girls. I am sure you guys are excited. What a cute idea about waiting til private. I was alone at the US (since hubby was in another state) and when the tech told me boy, I started crying. I dont even know why, but it was kinda weird to be all emotional. Congrats again!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

cheyenne828 replied to nicram8683's response:
So exciting Mandy! Your DH is in trouble, all girls LOL! Woo hoo!
Pam 38, DH 39 ~ MC 1 7/7/09 ~ MC 2 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10 DD born 3/24/11 ~ Surprise BFP 3/29/12 EED 12/2/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

codysu responded:
congrats Mandy! And yay for another girl! So exciting!! I like how you found out the sex...that is a great idea!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

In October 07 I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. It was one of the most physically and mentally painful things I have ever been through in my ent...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.