Skip to content
Overwhemingly Frustrated.
MaryKate167 posted:
Hi ladies!

I know I haven't been around much, but it's been a hell of a ride so far.

I'm 27w5d today....YES! Third Tri!

HOWEVER.

I'm still on bed rest and trying to manage my gall bladder pain with medication. I'm being tested for ICP. I found out today that I have gestational diabetes. and this pregnancy is literally taking EVERYTHING out of me. I mean EVERYTHING.

I'm not eating. I'm not sleeping (and when I say not sleeping, I mean, I'm usually awake doing laundry when DBF leaves for work). I'm crying every single day. Being on bed rest is the most isolating and lonely experience of my life.

I don't know what to do anymore, ladies. I feel like the red headed step child. None of my friends call/email/text anymore. My DBF doesn't understand why I am so upset all the time. Hell, my SIBLINGS don't even call to check up on me (both my parents are deceased). I hardly ever leave the house, and if I do, it's to go to my twice weekly BP checks or my peri appointments.

I'm so sorry to vent, but I just don't know what else to do. I'm already on antidepressants.

I just want to scream!!!!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

htots responded:
Mary, I am so sorry you are going through this emotional time alone. Being on bed rest has to be so draining! Being pregnant alone is an emotional time. Use this forum to vent and get out frustrations. The ladies here are always great about responding and keeping in touch. What your going through is tuff. I wish I could offer more support Know that I am thinking about you and pray that you find comfort and get some rest. Keep us updated on how your doing.

Hannah

jedmonds12 responded:
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time!! Pregnancy can be hard even without all the extra complications you're dealing with. I second Hannah in that you can and should reach out through this board and others like it. I know there's a few communities out there for mamas on bed rest, but don't feel like you have to go there because we're always here.

I found this blog; it's kind of old but it's funny and has some good stuff in it http://bedrestishell.blogspot.com/

It might feel like you're alone, but we're here for you! ((HUGS))
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
hugs.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

MtnPrincess responded:
Huge (((HUGS))). Being pregnant is stressful enough without anything else added to it. Bedrest is horrible! I wonder if you could reach out to a local moms group at all. MOPS is a great organization that you can join when you're first pregnant and usually has great resources. You can call the coordinator and talk to them. www.mops.org is the website where you can find a local group. I know there are websites and forums for moms on bedrest that can be amazingly supportive and lifesaving. I don't know any personally, but maybe you could google some? Huge (((Hugs))) again. We are here for you!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I am so sorry you are on bed rest! I was on bed res with Gwen from around 28 weeks until I was induced at 42 weeks. It was HORRIBLE! We live in a different state from all of our family (DH came to WI following a job before we met) so I had no visitors, next to no phone calls, and my DH seemed stressed because he had to work all day and then come home and do all of the household chores because I wasn't allowed to get up other than to go to the bathroom, shower, and get myself lunch. You are right, it is very isolating and so depressing. I crocheted a lot a blankets and made Gwen a pillow by hand stitching all of the animals on it (intricate project that took forever, what else did I have to do?). I also started scrap booking and watching soap operas that I didn't watch previous to the bed rest. It was such a dark time for me as well. I had an "irritable uterus" and was having about 10 contractions an hour everyday, effacing, and at around 32 weeks I started dilating. There were other things that were going on with me, but the fact that I had effaced soooo thin with the contractions had then very worried. It terrified me when she would check me and say that she could feel the baby's head. So, I did my best to stay horizontal as instructed, but it was very hard on me emotionally.

I ended up losing my job due to the bed rest. They had to lay me off because there were only 2 of us running the office so they really did have to replace me otherwise the whole place would have shut down. Unfortunately since the company was so small, FMLA did not protect me, so after I had Gwen I had no job to go back to. I have been been a SAHM ever since because I can't get a job now. $$ is super tight. When I lost my job that was a whole new low for me. I felt like everything that made me "me" was fading away.

Due to the extreme bed rest I ended up gaining almost 80lbs. I was in my 120's when I became pregnant and I exceeded 200 when I had Gwen. It was so hard on my body to gain the weight so quickly. It was so depressing to not be able to even walk around my house, let alone exercise. I am soooooooooo extremely sorry that you are going through this too! You said that you do laundry, so hopefully you are not on as strict of bed rest as I was. I can tell you that now that Gwen is here, looking back, it seems like my pregnancy with her flew by. At the time I was pregnant, it seemed like it was taking forever. I hope you can find some new hobbies that you can become interested in. Do you know how to crochet? You could make blankets or scarves for your loved ones for Christmas? Just a thought. I think I made 5 very large king sized croched blankets, and about 20 scarves! LOL! Everyone loved the hand made gifts.

Sending tons of (((HUGS))). Do not feel bad about venting about this. This board was literally one of the only things that kept my sanity. I felt like I LIVED on this board with my pregnancy with Gwen, I desperately needed the support. (((HUGS)))!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Green team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (25) and have a DD(8) DS(7) and another DS age (5). They are from a previous marriage and my ex husband whom I met when i was 15 years old. They we...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.