Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
miscarriage
Anon_155959 posted:
hello, i wanted to check in with you ladies and see how many miscarriages you had before you had a successful pregnancy. i just had my second miscarriage last month and my doctors told me that they won't run any tests to find out why it is happening unless i have a 3rd miscarriage. i really want to try again for a baby but i know i need to wait a couple of months. my first miscarriage happened in November and then i became pregnant again in January and had my second miscarriage in march. When you did get pregnant with a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage, how long did you wait to conceive again?

MtnPrincess responded:
First of all (((((HUGS))))) and I am so sorry for your losses After my first loss, we waited one cycle to TTC, but it took 6 cycles to get pregnant again. I had another loss in March of this year, too, but we decided not to wait because I'd heard that after a m/c you are really fertile. Since it was a really early m/c (5w) it acted just like a period, 2w later I O'd, 2w later BFP. Hugs!

vybe77 responded:
I am so sorry that you have had to go through this and that your Dr. is giving you the famous "have to have 3" reply before they will do testing ((hugs))
I went through a m/c last summer (6 weeks along) and waited until my first cycle before trying again..we were not doing anything special to try to conceive except DTD whenever we felt like it so it took us until this January to conceive again (and we started using OPKs in Jan.) BFP in February and another m/c in March..I again have waited until my first cycle (which I am in now) before starting to try again..it really depends on you and how you feel and also what your Dr. thinks..I know women who got pregnant w/o having that first cycle and all is well w/ the pregnancy/baby..
I too am scarred of trying because I do not want a third loss..I am hoping that we both find that lucky turn and that we get BFP's soon!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hailey (26), Allen 38, Ava 3, my little angel Carter Ryan 2/7/10-7/25/10 (heart transplant 6/25/10) Trying again for Baby #3

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.