Skip to content
D/A Update... exciting and inconclusive!
jedmonds12 posted:
Haha... really, it's both. I had a routine OB appt yesterday afternoon where I found that I'm still 5 lbs under my pre-pg weight (WOOP WOOP!) and my BP and stuff is still all normal/happy/good.

Can I just start this next part by saying that I seriously LOVE my OB this time around? I'm seeing a different one and she's AH-MAZING.

Instead of whipping out the doppler and rushing me through the appt (like my last OB) she almost always wheels in the portable u/s machine. Yesterday she said "I know your partner's not here, but... do you maybe want to try to see what you're having?" I was like "Uh, YEAH."

So long-ish story short, results inconclusive but leaning toward PINK. Baby was moving SO much we could barely get a good look between the legs, but what we did see looked more like girl parts at this point than boy parts. She literally chased baby around with the wand for 10 minutes; it was pretty funny!

We have our big u/s in two weeks on May 7th (at 8 am, PST) so you know I'll be sharing later that day, but I had to put it out there now. I'm not gonna go start buying girl clothes (yet) but I feel a little less silly scoping them out online now. LOL
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I know I already told you this, but it is super exciting that your BP and weight and all of that is where you want it to be! Yay for the news you wanted to hear, and I hope the ultrasound tech on the 7th confirms the news! Now you will have 1 of each! Time will fly and the 7th will be here before you know it! Time flies when you are chasing a 1 year old!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Green team!

codysu responded:
Congrats on a great appt! Hopefully you'll be able to confirm the sex at the next appt, but very exciting to have a guess!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Marissa I'm 22, my husband Matt (23) and I live in Sunny Belleair Bluffs FL right by the beach :) We have 2 dogs a pitbull Myley shes 3...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.