Skip to content
Monday Updates 5/21
codysu posted:
Hi ladies! Sorry I have been a bit MIA...life has been crazy busy with work and getting ready for this baby.

Cody and Hannah

30w5d

w/g about 30lbs...yikes!

s/c: I had some severe sciatic nerve pain for about a week, which was unbearable. I went to acupuncture hoping it would help, but little miss would not budge. I also tried some exercises that are supposed to help with the pain. A few days after the acupuncture, she moved and I haven't had any pain in almost a week, which I am so thankful for. Otherwise, my feet and ankles started to swell up about 2 weeks ago, so trying to keep them elevated at work.

other: I had our coed baby shower on Saturday, and it was so much fun! I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful group of family and friends to share this experience with. We got a lot of stuff we needed, and now I am ready to finish up and get the rest of the things we need that we don't have yet. Thurs. we are leaving for our road trip to Dallas, which will be a 14 hour drive with an overnight stop at my Dad's about half way. Work is crazy busy and I think I will be busy for the next 2 months.

next d/a: Weds for reg. OB check
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

MelBrody responded:
Hello everyone!

Melissa & Junior
10w1d

wg - up about 3 pounds

symptoms - Well really I am about the same, bad, bad skin, bloating, fatigue, quesyness and a few headaches. No actual throwing up, I think I am going to skip that part lol. My belly is a bit more round and although I really shouldnt be showing yet I do have a bit of a bump. Probably just the bloat and extra 3 pounds lol.

other - glad to be out of the "danger zone" in a few weeks. I am anxiously counting down the weeks. My next OB appointment isnt until June 7th so it seems like forever away lol. I have been choking down those nasty protein shakes like the doctor wanted so I have been mostly good on my diet. I say mostly because I do still have some days I eat some ice cream or have fast food cause I am to tired to cook but thats only once in a while.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

nicram8683 responded:
Oh Cody I love the name Hannah, good choice

Nicole & Baby Boy

35w

w/g: about 20 lbs

s/c: Oh boy where do I begin, LOL. I have been so uncomfortable. Lets see, BH (very strong ones), cramps, lower back pain, swollen feet, headaches, nausea started again (joy), peeing every 2 mins lol, fatigue, breakouts, lots of discharge, etc etc

other: Getting random BH is weird (like in the bookstore the other night), I have to stop and bend over because they hurt so bad, people prolly think I am crazy. I did my hospital tour yesterday and the ladies there were so nice and the rooms are LDPR. So I will never have to leave the room

next d/a: tomorrow! I am REALLY hoping that I get checked and they say I am at least starting to dilate. Also a Strep B test tomorrow.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

cheyenne828 replied to nicram8683's response:
Pam & Baby N #2

12w4d

w/g: 5ish

s/c: Feeling pretty good, just tired, but chasing an almost 14 mo around will do that to you. I actually think I'm in much better shape than I was when I did this last time. I am however feeling like a whale, even though I'm about 7 lbs lighter that I was last time around.

other: Not much to report this week, except I have to tell my new boss. EEK. I don't wanna! She's so sweet, but I think she's going to be bummed because I was just hired in Feb to help out during a very busy time this winter.

next d/a: Friday. First OB appt and excited to hear the HB again.
Pam 38, DH 39 ~ MC 1 7/7/09 ~ MC 2 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10 DD born 3/24/11 ~ Surprise BFP 3/29/12 EED 12/2/12

jedmonds12 replied to cheyenne828's response:
Oh Pam, it'll be OK! Everybody loves a baby! I'm sure your boss will be happy for you, once she gets over her initial disappointment that she'll lose such a valuable worker for a short time.

Julie & Boy Bug

20w3d (woop woop, halfway!)

w/g: Still down 3

s/c: Lots of baby movement! And BHC, easily once per hour. Peeing all the time, craving Chipotle burritos with hot salsa, which is not good, since I get heartburn after eating pretty much anything (seriously, anything, even yogurt).

Other: Scheduled my GTT. My OB's office changed their procedure. Now instead of a 1-hr test where they draw your blood once, it's a 2-hr test where they take blood 3x so you have to hang around the lab for EVER. UGH what a waste of time THAT will be. And of course it has to be done in the AM so I'll be missing 1/2 a day of work for it!

Next d/a: June 4th for a follow up to our anatomy u/s; they want to take another look at some of baby's bits since they ran out of time last time.
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

teacherbeck replied to jedmonds12's response:
Everyone's updates are so exciting! And it's so neat to see some of the same ladies on here again with me! FUN!!

Becky & baby

5wks (on 5/21)
w/g actually up a pound already!! Hope that isn't a sign of things to come!

s/c started taking the progesterone 2x a day Sunday (did a few days of 1x a day before bumping up). Feeling OK so far! Little more tired than normal. Had a horrible cold over the weekend (but was starving!) so hoping that the 1lb gain was b/c I laid around all weekend eating soup and biscuits, and (decaf)sweet tea!

next d/a- June 11th to hear HB and see baby for first time. Nervous, but trying to put it out of my mind for a few weeks! (HA!)
Becky (30) DH (37) One brand-new LO, Juliet Christine came Dec 10th (EDD was 12/27), and she is PERFECT!
TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

teacherbeck replied to teacherbeck's response:
and I updated my siggy, just noticed it still had my siggy from last year, and that Juliet is "brand new" lol I do want my kids close in age but not THAT close!!
Becky (31) DH (38) DD (dec 2010) Juliet- she is PERFECT in every way! BFP May 2012 Progesterone 2x/day, due Jan 2013

TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Trigg: 27yrs old married to high school sweetheart we have a 6 year old son who will be seven Nov 2 and my due date now is Nov 23!! I had our baby gir...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.