Skip to content
D/A Update
nicram8683 posted:
So I went for my check up today. Everything is good with me. Dr did a group B strep test and then checked me since 2 weeks ago I was already thinning out. He did not give me any sort of indication that I was dilating, but he said that I had progressed since last time. He said that he does not want me to go into active labor at 35 weeks, he would really like baby to stay in for 1-2 weeks longer at least. So I am now on modified bed rest because he could feel a contraction happening while l was in the office. Nothing to encourage more contractions he said.

So while on bed rest I need to document all my contractions & cramps. Anything more then 5 in one hour I have to call. I thought today was my last 2 wk appt, but I was wrong. My next appt is in 2 wks from today, then I start weekly visits. Dr. said he hopes I can make it til my next 2 wk appt. Dont know why he wouldnt ask for me to come in next week. Now I will be laying here super concerned for 2 whole weeks, if I last that long!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

hgreenwood7058 responded:
eep stay in LO.hopefully your two weeks goes by fast
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

jedmonds12 responded:
Yikes! Crossing my fingers that your LO stays in for a couple more weeks, at the least! I remember that Mandy was on bed rest when she was pg with Gwen, and ended up having to be induced at 42w, so don't worry too much!

I agree though, if he was that concerned why wouldn't he have you come in 1 week to check how things were going? Doctors are so odd sometimes.
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

nicram8683 responded:
Silly Doctors lol. The good thing is that today I have been in bed ALL day, it sucked, but I can say I have only had about 4-5 strong contractions. Then I got up to make dinner, and I had like 3 while I was cooking. So I suppose the laying down doing nothing is helping.

I just pray the next 2 weeks fly by!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I was on bed rest and it was soooo hard! I'm glad that you only have to be on modified bed rest for a few weeks. I was on pretty strict bed rest. Julie is right, I ended up needing to be induced at 42 weeks so it is really up to your LO. Gwen gave the illusion she wanted to come out early (starting at around 28 weeks after I fell on the ice, started contracting 50% effaced and 1cm dilated with irritable uterus/constant contractions) but then we ended up having to make her come. Take it easy, keep that LO cooking!

If it eases your mind, my niece was born at 36 weeks and she is a very smart, gorgeous, and talkative 3 year old now.
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Green team!

nicram8683 replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
Well the bed rest has seemed to calm things down, at least what I can tell. I felt really silly saying this to the Dr, but I hardly notice most of the contractions. Not to jinx myself but with DD I was having contractions for days and didnt know, then my water broke, I went to the hospital and I was 5cm. She was born a few hours later, no issues.

This time, I have had some painful ones every so often, but nothing consistent. I keep waiting to wake up to find my water broke and I am about to deliver lol. But per Dr. orders I have done nothing but lay in bed, only getting up to eat, shower, potty,etc. I hit 36 weeks on Monday so I feel like anything after then I will be good to go!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (30) DH (33) Our Angel Boy 5/21/10 +HPT 10/25/10 EDD 7/19/11ish

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.