Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hi from a newbie
kj121 posted:
I've been lurking for about 2 weeks now, so I've decided to say "hi". I'm 6w0d. I have a 6yo DS. I experienced 3 miscarriages over the past 5 years. One of the miscarriages was at 19 weeks, which was extremely hard to deal with (hubby still doesn't understand why I was so attached to the baby at that point). I was so excited when I found out that I was pregnant after that, only to have another miscarriage. I'm really hoping this one "sticks," but after 3 miscarriages, I really don't get my hopes up and am more concerned than anything else. From the 19 week miscarriage, we found out that I have a chromosome issue that was causing the miscarriages.
The group of ladies here really seems to be a great support group, which is something I'm looking for since DH doesn't really understand what I go thru each time I've had a m/c.
Also, I made the decision to switch dr office and go to a dr that deals with high risk situations vs. my old dr office which sent you elsewhere to deal with that.
Thanks in advance for the support during this pregnancy!

nicram8683 responded:
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. Everyone here knows what it is like to suffer a loss. Some of us very early (me:6 weeks) and others well into the pregnancy. And we all support each other very much. Its nice to have these boards to vent and talk since some topics arent exactly appropriate in the real world and most people dont understand.

I will keep your LO in my thoughts and hope that you continue on to have a very happy & healthy pregnancy. Congrats again!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

teacherbeck responded:
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! I am 6 wks also And nervous! ((((hugs)))).
TRIGGS
I have had 2 other pregnancies, the first we lost at 20 wks (a boy) and a healthy baby girl who is now 17 months. I am so sorry for your loss, losing a baby at 20 wks was so very difficult. I am so glad you will be at a new doctor who is used to highrisk. Since its a chromosome issue, are they able to do anything?
Even though my loss was a chromosome issue (isolated they believe, and unlikely to reoccur), I have needed progesterone with Juliet and again with this pregnancy. I would have never thought to ask to be tested for progesterone without the help & advice from these boards.

Again, welcome! We should be due date buddies!
Becky (31) DH (38) DD (dec 2010) Juliet- she is PERFECT in every way! BFP May 2012 Progesterone 2x/day, due Jan 2013

TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

kj121 replied to teacherbeck's response:
TeacherBeck,
Thanks for the encouragement. I had some cramping last night, so I went to the ER as a precaution, and they said that it was probably nothing, but did blood work to check my HCG and then I have to go back in 2 days to see if it has changed.
They said that the chromosome issue is a 50/50 chance whether the baby will get it or not, and they can't say whether the baby will get it or not until I have a miscarriage. My 6 year old had a chromosome study done a couple of years ago because he hadn't gained weight in a year, and he does not have the same chromosome problem I have, which is an encouragement that I can have a baby without the same issues I have.
I'm due 1/20/13 for now. I'm excited and nervous about going to a different doctor, but from the research I've done online, I'm confident that I made the right decision. I would be happy to be your due date buddy!!
Karen (31) DH (31)
DS (6)
3 MC, diagnosed w/ chromosome defect after 2nd MC
EDD 1/20/13, Green team

jedmonds12 responded:
Welcome, Karen

I second everything Nicole said; she said it very well. I'm glad you found us and that we can be a support system for you. Congratulations, and wishing you a H&H 9!
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

kj121 replied to jedmonds12's response:
Nicole and Julie, Thanks for the welcome. I go back to the hospital tomorrow to have my HCG rechecked. I really hope it has gone up. They said if not, I'll have to see my OB and have a D&C done, and I really really don't want to go that route again. They didn't see anything on the ultrasound other than the gestational sac the other night, which had me worried, but I also realize that 6 weeks is right at the point in which you can start seeing the baby on ultrasound. If you think of me tomorrow, please keep me in your prayers. I just try not to get too worried and raise my stress level anymore than it already is.
Karen (31) DH (31)
DS (6)
3 MC, diagnosed w/ chromosome defect after 2nd MC
EDD 1/20/13, Green team

Spotlight: Member Stories

Krista (29) DH (30), DS (4), DD (18 mos), 5 angels, and one on the way! EDD 10/6/10

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.