Skip to content
28 week Dr appt
Mandy_Smiles posted:
Overall the appointment went well. I passed my glucose test and they gave me the Rhogam shot. Reese is sideways in my belly so she needs to work to turn head down within the next few weeks. I am OK with her being sideways right now. The longer I can go without a bowling ball between my legs the better I can get around to play with Gwen. Plus, depending on how the ultrasound goes at the end of June, I may need s c-section anyway if my placenta is still covering my cervix and then we won't have to worry at all about her position. She is measuring 1 week ahead and her HB was 158. Everything with Reese looks great!

Soooo..... I have to get a BP cuff for home. It was pretty normal today but I feel fine today. I explained to her how I feel when I think it is high and she thinks it is definitely my BP. I told her about how I have gone to the store and used the store machines and it was a bit elevated but she said that the store machines are horrible and it could have actually been higher than the store machines were reading so she wants me to have a good quality BP cuff of my own that I can take in and compare its #'s with her #'s to check it's accuracy. Then I have to start checking it daily. I am happy to do this, now I won't worry so much about it if I actually know what my BP is rather than just feeling like it is high and wondering if I should call the doctor. Once I have the BP cuff I will know if I need to call the doctor or not. Takes the guess-work out of it.

She felt my hands and feet and she thinks I am going to have a problem with swelling . There was no protein in my urine, but she thinks that I need to start watching my salt intake and to only eat fresh veggies (no canned), add no extra salt to food, eat no processed meats, etc... I am eating super healthy and I weigh myself every night before bed. Within 1 day, I am serious 1 day (last Friday), I gained 7lbs and it has stuck with me. My weight didn't go back down, the extra weight and swelling is still on me. She said that is not weight gain, that is water weight. It is making it harder for me to get around, that is for sure! I gained 12 lbs total since my last appt 5 weeks ago! After she felt my feet she thinks that about 85% of that is water weight. She is concerned about such a large amount of swelling in such a short period of time. I just figured it was normal, since I was preg with Gwen in the winter, I figured I would swell more in the summer. She agreed with that, but she said not this rapidly within 1 month.

She said that I have to stop doing my mile+ walks outside, I have to start walking on our treadmill. Hello BORING walks. She thinks that when I am getting warm (not even really hot) on my walks it is making me swell and probably not helping my BP. I really enjoy going on long walks with Gwen but the past few days I feel like my body is telling me to be horizontal. I asked her about that too, because in the pregnancy book they gave me it says that walking can help BP and swelling and asked if she thought that I should push through on those days I am feeling bloated and walk anyway or listen to my body telling me to slow down. She said to listen to my body.

I start going every 2 weeks now. I wish we lived closer to the doctors office, oh well though. Yay for a great appointment for Reese! Oye, on the news about me and the swelling.

Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Eli (32) DH (35) Two kids Tristan (8) and Makenzie (6). One angel in heaven on 2/24/10. My first M/C in a family that hasn't had an M/C in 3 gener...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.