Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here
Mom2Emma23 posted:
Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself as I might be on here off and on in the future. A little backstory: I lost my daughter at 21 weeks on 3/5/12. On 2/14/12 at our anatomy scan it was discovered she had Turner Syndrome and had cystic hygroma w/fetal hydrops. A really bad diagnosis and she did end up passing either 2/29 or 3/1. The worst day of my life was learning she had that fatal diagnosis.
We knew right away we were going to try again. I bled all the way to 4/15 and 4/16 my bleeding was super heavy, they thought I retained placenta and my dr ended up finding some on my cervix. Bleeding stopped a few days later and I was told by dr. Wait a cycle or two before you start to try just as a rule of thumb. Well here I am today and I have 2 positive pregnancy tests and a drs appointment tomorrow. We were not TRYING and i can think of possibly the day it might have happened. We are however, happy. I am just very scared and shocked. I am not really that worried about a Turner Syndrome diagnosis again as that is a chromosomal disorder that happens as a fluke. It would be like lightening striking me twice. But I am so scared I got pregnant too early, that maybe my uterus lining wasn't thick enough or healed enough? Does anyone have any words of encouragement about getting pregnant again so soon after a loss?
Thank you for listening!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
First, I am so very sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your BFP and welcome to the board! I do not personally have experience with getting a BFP close to a loss but I know that there have been a lot of women on this board (with my pregnancy with my daughter and my current pregnancy) who have became pregnant quickly after a loss and had a H&H 9 months with a healthy baby as a result. Congratulations again!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

MtnPrincess responded:
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! Hugs. I am so sorry about your loss. I got pregnant 2 weeks after starting to bleed with my last miscarriage. I know others who have as well. Although my last loss was at 5 weeks, so I'm not sure about getting pg so soon after a later loss. I have heard that you're more fertile even right after a full term pg, which is one reason they recommend waiting to FD 6 weeks PP and even then to use protection even if you're BFing. So I'd imagine after a later loss it'd be the same. You're body is still in "pregnancy mode" and ready to accept a pregnancy. Hugs and sticky vibes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (32) Proud work-from-home mama to my petite little pixie, born 9.28.08, and my bouncing baby boy is due to arrive 5.14.10! Two little ones lost 4/0...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful