Skip to content
New here
Mom2Emma23 posted:
Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself as I might be on here off and on in the future. A little backstory: I lost my daughter at 21 weeks on 3/5/12. On 2/14/12 at our anatomy scan it was discovered she had Turner Syndrome and had cystic hygroma w/fetal hydrops. A really bad diagnosis and she did end up passing either 2/29 or 3/1. The worst day of my life was learning she had that fatal diagnosis.
We knew right away we were going to try again. I bled all the way to 4/15 and 4/16 my bleeding was super heavy, they thought I retained placenta and my dr ended up finding some on my cervix. Bleeding stopped a few days later and I was told by dr. Wait a cycle or two before you start to try just as a rule of thumb. Well here I am today and I have 2 positive pregnancy tests and a drs appointment tomorrow. We were not TRYING and i can think of possibly the day it might have happened. We are however, happy. I am just very scared and shocked. I am not really that worried about a Turner Syndrome diagnosis again as that is a chromosomal disorder that happens as a fluke. It would be like lightening striking me twice. But I am so scared I got pregnant too early, that maybe my uterus lining wasn't thick enough or healed enough? Does anyone have any words of encouragement about getting pregnant again so soon after a loss?
Thank you for listening!

Mandy_Smiles responded:
First, I am so very sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your BFP and welcome to the board! I do not personally have experience with getting a BFP close to a loss but I know that there have been a lot of women on this board (with my pregnancy with my daughter and my current pregnancy) who have became pregnant quickly after a loss and had a H&H 9 months with a healthy baby as a result. Congratulations again!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

MtnPrincess responded:
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! Hugs. I am so sorry about your loss. I got pregnant 2 weeks after starting to bleed with my last miscarriage. I know others who have as well. Although my last loss was at 5 weeks, so I'm not sure about getting pg so soon after a later loss. I have heard that you're more fertile even right after a full term pg, which is one reason they recommend waiting to FD 6 weeks PP and even then to use protection even if you're BFing. So I'd imagine after a later loss it'd be the same. You're body is still in "pregnancy mode" and ready to accept a pregnancy. Hugs and sticky vibes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where did my old story go? Well I am still Kasi, and still married to DH David, and still have two wonderful little boys! Keep going back and forth th...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.