Skip to content
update (sorry, kinda long)
kj121 posted:
Hi all... I've been busy trying to finish up school so that I can graduate in a couple of weeks.

I did go back to the hospital, got my HCG rechecked. It didn't quite double... almost 1.5x what it was before. I had a dr appt the day after that - I found a new office that I wanted to try, I got recommended to them by 3 people. (My old dr office totally changed everything and got different doctors and I didn't like the attitude the new dr gave me when I tried to ask questions when I was in there about 2 months before I found out I was pregnant.)

I went in the new dr office (they requested that I bring the papers from the hospital saying what my hcg was the 1st and 2nd time). I took the papers with me and the nurse that was taking care of all of the info for the first appt took one look at them and said that they couldn't see me. I was like Ummmm, what do you mean you can't see me. She's like your HCG didn't double so the pregnancy isn't viable. I was like, so you're in charge and able to make that decision. She said, well, I guess I can walk across the street and talk to the head dr. I told her, I think you need to do that. She came back in a few minutes later after supposedly talking to the dr, and said that the only way they could see me is if I went to the hospital, got a sono and had my HCG rechecked and it had gone up to appropriate numbers from what it was the previous time.

So, back to the hospital we went. They did a sono and repeated my HCG. HCG was still about 1.5x more than the previous time, not doubled and sono showed gestational sac, no heart tones, but at that point, I was only about 6.5 weeks so I really didn't expect for them to find the heart beat. The dr said he was really pleased with the numbers and sono results for where I was at in pregnancy, so I wasn't too worried. The rude nurse called me back the following Monday and asked what happened to me. I told her that after the way that I was treated, I didn't feel enough respect towards me and my situation for me to go back to their office.

Back to square one with finding a different doctor, so I did some more research and found another doctor. They are a much bigger office, so they couldn't get me in until the 21st, so I'm just trying to take one day at a time and not worry about what happens with the baby until I'm able to find anything out from a dr office who actually seems to care about me.
Karen (31) DH (31)
DS (6)
3 MC, diagnosed w/ chromosome defect after 2nd MC
EDD 1/20/13, Green team

jedmonds12 responded:
Wow, what a rude nurse!!! It's still astonishing to me that people in the healthcare industry who deal with sensitive situations eventually lose their empathy and start seeing everything so clinically. It's happened to so many doctors and nurses that I've seen. They just become desensitized to it and forget that they're talking about someone's BABY, ya know?

I hope you find a better, more empathetic doctor soon. I wouldn't go back to that place, either.
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

MtnPrincess responded:
Geeze, what a jerk! You'd think they'd want to see you to establish care "viable" pregnancy or not. So sorry you were treated that way. I hope you find an office and dr that you really mesh with and treat you like gold!

kj121 responded:
Thanks for letting me vent, hubby doesn't understand all of my feelings and frustrations. I'm trying to stay positive and looking forward to my dr appt on the 21st. Hopefully this office will be a lot more caring than the last one was. Thanks again for "listening".
Karen (31) DH (31)
DS (6)
3 MC, diagnosed w/ chromosome defect after 2nd MC
EDD 1/20/13, Green team

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Wow, what a rude nurse! I am glad that you found a new Dr office and don't have to deal with their BS anymore. The 21st will be here before you know it! KUP on how your appt goes!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hailey (26), Allen 38, Ava 3, my little angel Carter Ryan 2/7/10-7/25/10 (heart transplant 6/25/10) Trying again for Baby #3

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.