Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trevor's official birth story
nicram8683 posted:
Trevor was discharged from the NICU and we are now home as a complete family. So I thought I would share my birth story now.

I had a 4pm appointment on Tuesday the 5th and was told I was about 3 cm dialated and 75% effaced. I came home did some housework and just relaxed. My husband went to bed and I stayed up, having trouble falling asleep. I finally went to bed around midnight. At 2:30a I woke up having a contraction and had to use the bathroom. I laid in bed and could not fall back to sleep. At around 3:20a I was laying on my right side and my belly made this weird sound like a rubber band snapped. I instantly knew my water had broken. But it didnt gush out, it was a slow trickle. I got up and called the Dr who said to go to the hospital. I woke up DH & DD. Had to get a few more things together and we left the house around 3:45a. I was having no contractions up til that point.

In the short car ride I had 2 contractions. I arrived and was told I was 4-5cm with contractions 2 mins apart and asked if I wanted the epidural. I did and the Dr. came in right away with it. We had arranged for my DD to be somewhere from 8-12 (a summer camp) and my DH had to take her. So at 7a the nurse said I was 8 and moving quickly. Told DH to high tail it outta there and get right back. He came back at 7:45 and they had me ready to push. I pushed through 5 contractions only and he was out. I did tear pretty bad and had to get several stitches. Also, my regular OB was on vacation so I had the on call Dr who was very impersonal and I didnt like her. Luckily my nurse was amazing (and employee of the year) so she helped me through it.

I can not believe that with both my children I have had such an easy labor. I mean to go from no contractions to delivery in a matter of hours is great. Even though Trevor gave me a lot of stress in his first 6 days, I am so happy to be at home with him.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

jedmonds12 responded:
Great story, thanks for sharing!! It's even better knowing the happy ending. Glad you're at home with your family and your new LO

And I am pretty jealous of your labor experience, I must admit! Mine with K was 22 hours and I had to had to push for 4 of those. Am definitely hoping for a faster progression this time around
Julie (28) DH (35).
^i^ May 2010
PAL grad Kawika born 4/25/11
EDD 10/7/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
so glad both of you are doing well and hopefully is little belly will start to participate. Hopefully you heal quickly. Best wishes and congrats
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

nicram8683 responded:
Thank you guys. He is amazing. Its so surreal to have a baby at home. He has been eating like a mad man and pooping a lot which is a really good sign that there is no permanent damage. We do have our first follow up appointment tomorrow with the pediatrician. I expected to have a lot of soreness and pain from the tear, but its like I dont even notice it which is nice. I did have very bad swollen feet those days in the NICU, but I was under a lot of stress and walking around the hospital a lot. It has since went away.

Mandy_Smiles responded:
5 contractions!!! Wow, way to go momma! I'm glad you are all home and settling in. Sorry your DR wasn't there but at least your nurse helped balance the on call DR's disposition. Congratulations!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

nicram8683 replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
Thank you! Yeah I was very disappointed in the on call Dr. You know when I had DD and whenever I watch one of those birth stories on tv, I know that once the head comes out, the Dr. always says to stop pushing, give a small push, and they help guide the shoulders out slowly to try to avoid tearing. This Dr. said not one word the entire time she was there (about 10 mins) expect for "you tore badly so I have to stitch you". I feel like she didnt even attempt to prevent it. And know almost 2 weeks later I am still dealing with a lot of soreness and pain down there because of how bad the tear was and so I am having to take pain medicine to get through the day. Ugh. Nothing I can do about it now though.

codysu responded:
I'm glad the birth went well despite the on call Dr. I'm glad your nurse was amazing, that probably helped a lot! So happy for you all and the arrival of little Trevor!!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH (31) DS (2) MC 11/09, 6/10

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.