Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
trying again
An_246320 posted:
I know most of the women who post on this site were further along then I was but I had a chemical pregrancy and am now trying to get pregnant. I am scared that everything I do will cause a loss or that I mght not even get pregnant again. We have only been trying for a short time (5 months or so, but I was on birth control for about 15 years) but my husband who is older says he only wants to try for a year or so. It breaks my heart to know that we just keep waiting to see if we are pregnant or if we will get pregnant. What do people do to get through this (the waiting from ovulation to find out as well as dealing with the loss). I have had peopel tell me that you can't lose something that wasn't there and becuase it didn't have a heartbeat it wasn't really there but it felt so real to me. I feel alone and scared all the time.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
FIrst off I am sorry for you loss. It is a loss no matter how early. They don't understand because they never have experienced the pain associated with it. The waiting is different for everyone. Its hard to keep positive at times but you gotta try. I would recommend going to the Trying to conceive after loss board. They are all in that process now. And I love that board. They are a great source of comfort and they really helped me when I was trying to conceive after my loss. They are a great group. They do an update every monday to check in on everyone and see how it is going.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

Laur1981 responded:
I too am sorry for your loss. I experienced a molar pregnancy and there was no heartbeat and for YEARS i hated anyone who told me "there never was a baby to being with" or "well at least there was no heartbeat so it isn't as bad as..." NO. Once i POAS and got a positive test, it counted. The pain never really goes away, just learn to cope with it. I dont know how to deal with the waiting as I have never had to wait, and I am sorry that you are having difficulty conceiving, but stay positive. it will happen when you least expect it. and... i learned this through these boards.. you are NEVER alone.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.