Skip to content
Yellow Team Baby has Arrived!
MaryKate167 posted:
I have a lot to say, but not much time.

They tried to induce me at 36w6d. Baby was apparently not ready, despite fetal lung maturity. We were sent home empty handed after being on the max dose of pitocin for over 9 hours.

Induction number two was set for last Friday. This time, baby was clearly ready. They started pitocin at 10AM. I got an epidural at 12 and baby arrived, in a hurry at 1:32 PM.

Baby Boy, Scott Gene, was 8 pounds, 21 inches. He came into the world after 5 pushes on July 6. Lucky me had a 3rd degree tear.

We are home and adjusting to life with two children. My son, Jack, is from a previous marriage, but he is SO excited to be a big brother.

Breastfeeding has been my biggest challenge. Scott is having latching problems, so, for the time being, we are pumping and bottle feeding. I didn't know that latch issues got me a Medela Pump in Style Advanced breast pump for free! I hope to keep my supply up while the two of us try to work through this issue. My pedi thinks that we may have to exclusively do this, which is fine by me.

I hope to check in a bit more often, but wanted to let you guys know that the baby had arrived!

I hope all is well with all of you!
Mary (30), DBF, Josh (28). PAL DS, Jack (2/2/2007), 4 angel babies. Expecting our miracle: 7/12/12 - Yellow Team!

codysu responded:
Congrats Mary on your baby boy!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12!!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
BAHHHHH I hate when things delete! Congrats on your little man! Boo on the tear and latching issues. Have you tried a breast shield? You can get them at target or walmart or anywhere that carries madela I believe. They are like $10 and they work pretty well. I had to use it when I had my little man. If you are small to medium chest get a medium if you are bigger chested then get a large. Cool on the free pump too. Because little man had latching issues I have rented a hospital grade double electric pump (it costs $17 with my insurance per month but works really really well- had to use it also because I am back at work too).Anways super happy for you. Congrats again!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

nicram8683 responded:
Congrats on your baby boy. So sorry to hear about your tear, I also tore very badly during my sons birth. With my DD she had severe latching issues too and I ended up not being able to breastfeed. My DS is great at latching, yet I am not producing enough milk & he is having digestion issues, so I am having to supplement often with soy formula. Seems like I cant this breastfeeding thing right either way lol.

Enjoy your new addition to your family!! Congrats
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.