Skip to content
codysu Long Birth Story
codysu posted:
Hi ladies! I can't believe I have a 5 week old baby! Just wanted to jump on here as I have been so busy since Hannah's birth that I haven't had time to get on the computer to see how everyone is doing and tell you the birth story.

We went to my 40 wk appt and I was still only a fingertip dilated. We made plans to come in the following Tuesday to induce. It worked out well since my dad and stepmom wanted to be here for the birth. At 9pm I was hooked up to the monitors and first dose of cytotec was inserted vaginally. This was repeated every four hours, and my OB came in and checked me each time. We did 3 rounds vaginally, and then 2 rounds orally. Each time it was a very painful check to find out that my cervix had not budged, still only a fingertip dilated. Before the OB came in after the 5th round, the nurse came in and asked us how we felt about a c-section. She said in her experience that she saw me having a section, and wanted us to think about it as the OB would be discussing it with us when she came in to check me. DH and I decided that if there was still no change we would go ahead and do the c-section. The OB came in and again, zero change in my cervix. We told the OB we wanted to go ahead with the c-section, and I asked when it would happen, assuming it would be in a few hours. She said they would have me in the room prepping me for the surgery in the next half hour!! I called my parents and told them to come down because they were about to wheel me out for the c-section. Immediately nurses came in asking me a bunch of questions, the OB had me sign some papers, the anesthesiologist came in to have me sign papers and ask me questions about allergies, etc. My parents came down and we got some pics of the 3 of us before they wheeled me into the OR. I got the spinal and they laid me on the table and pulled up the curtain. It was so surreal knowing I was about to meet my baby, and my legs and feet were numb and tingly. They got me all ready then my OB said to go get my DH, and he wasn't in the room a minute before they started. He was only allowed to videotape right when they pulled her out, and they had to suction her mouth because there was some meconium in there. I heard her first cry and it was so overwhelming, I started to cry. They wrapped her up, brought her around the curtain for literally a second, where I barely caught a glimpse of her. They took her away to the other side of the curtain, and DH went over and watched them clean her up, weigh and measure her, and give her the hep B shot. She let out a scream and I had no idea what was going on at the time, but I was happy to hear her again. They wrapped her up after she was all clean, and DH brought her over to me and we got some pictures of us as a family. He got to carry her to the recovery room, and then he ran down to get my parents so they could come and meet her. I reunited with them about a half hour later after I was all stitched up, and Hannah latched right on with our first breastfeeding attempt. She is such a good baby, and we love her so much! Hannah was 8lbs 1oz and was 20 in long. She is growing so big already and has already outgrown her newborn clothes! It makes me a little bit sad. I did manage to finally get a picture loaded on my profile of her, she is the most precious thing I have ever seen!
IVF 1 Nov-10, m/c at 6wks, IVF2 BFP 11-11-11!Our sweet Hannah was born 8-1-12!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
yay for birth story. She is absolutely adorable. Congrats again
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a lurker on this board for years now since 2008. Like many moms here we have a long and weary story regarding our road to parenthood... ...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.