Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant after miscarriage and overwhelmed with stress from the past!!!!
Daniela71497 posted:
Hello,

I have two healthy children. I was pregnant again 5 months ago but at 9 weeks I had a miscarriage , they called it a missed abortion. No signs at all of a miscarriage, went if or a HB check and thinking all was ok but they couldn't hear the HB.

5 months later I am pregnant again, Inam only 6 weeks tomorrow and just started having cramping and I'm extremely nervous that it's happening again. I had cramping with my first 2 pregnancies as well as this last time here I miscarried but this last time the cramps were a little lower and I had back pain. I am feeling the same cramping and I sick to my stomach stressed that history is repeating itself. I have my first appointment Thursday which seems so far away. the office is close tomorrow but I plan on calling Tuesday hoping they can send me in for blood work to look at the numbers.

This is so stressful because I am thinking the worst

CaylaAndBrandonBlue responded:
I am so sorry you are going through this. i just went through a miscarriage. i know this is a late reply but how did it go?

vybe77 replied to CaylaAndBrandonBlue's response:
I am sorry for your loss and hope that things didn't turn out that way again..I also had two losses since last summer..in the last 15 months this is now my third pregnancy..
What scares me is the lack of symptoms (which was the same for my last 2 losses) and I am hoping that it just means I am lucky to be symptom free..
We are now a month later, how did things turn out?

Daniela71497 replied to vybe77's response:
Well I made it to 12 weeks but now I had bleeding yesterday and some spottig today. Blood levels were ok and ultrasound looked good but my mind is tainted from my last experience so I'm filled with stress and anxiety. My next appointment is 2 weeks away , seems like an eternity!

vybe77 replied to Daniela71497's response:
I'm right there with you about the stress and anxiety..I also went through a loss (two of them within less than a year) and I now find myself pregnant again and I feel like I simply cannot enjoy this pregnancy..
My first loss I woke up at exactly 6 weeks along with cramping and lower back pain..by dinner time I was spotting and by the next night the spotting had increased..when I went in to the ER my HCG levels were at 215 and so I was diagnosed as m/c..
My second loss I made it 6 weeks 5 days before the spotting started..there was no cramping but I still went in to the ER where my HCG levels were at 500, which they found low for almost 7 weeks..a week later my levels had only went up to 1500 and we only saw an empty sac on u/s..another week later my levels were at 1700 and although we saw a fetal pole on u/s there was no heartbeat and so I was told I would miscarry shortly..a few days later I did..
I am now 7w1d along today and saw a little bit of spotting this Saturday so I went in to the ER again for reassurance (but all the while thinking the worst) and was very pleasantly surprised when my HCG levels came back at 21 994 and we saw BB on u/s with a HB of 120 BPM!! But even though all of this has helped me to calm my fears some I am still waiting for that other shoe to drop..I keep telling my SO that I will relax when BB is in my arms next June!
I saw a little spotting again today (very little, just one time on t.p.) but I am worried because I have to be on regular Tylenol most days because of these debilitating migraines and now my sore ear..I hate taking anything while pregnant but I was assured by home care nurses and the Dr's and nurses at the hospital that Tylenol is safe during pregnancy..
It just sucks that we can't enjoy our pegnancies anymore because of the losses we have been through..
I hope all is well with you and that you get only good news at your appt. this week..
Keep me posted and good luck xo
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 12..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 11
Ours-DS Maxim 4
LO due 06/17th/2013

Spotlight: Member Stories

In October 07 I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. It was one of the most physically and mentally painful things I have ever been through in my ent...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful