Skip to content
Heres My Story. I Dont Want To Go Through This Again..
CaylaAndBrandonBlue posted:
hey,
I am 16 years old and a little over a month ago, i found out i was pregnant. i immanently told my mom. the next day my mom took me to our Dr. my Dr. then sent me to the hospital to have blood taken to for sure to see if i was pregnant and to see how far along i was. the hospital told me i was three weeks. so i then went to see my obgyn and they also took blood from me, an then told me i was 7weeks and 6 days? so i was a little confused. days later i was scheduled to go to the hospital to have a ultrasound done...i didn't get a chance to see my little one ='( ....on Friday September 21st i got up to go to school and i started having sharp pains in my uterus, i thought it was normal because i heard when you have cramps while pregnant that means your baby is growing...about a hour or so later, something told me to go to the bathroom, and i was bleeding. i was so scared. i called my mom to come pick me up and i went to the hospital. they took blood from me again and did a ultrasound. the ultrasound determined that I was 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant and the babys' sack was low in my uterus which wasnt good. and my pregnancy hormone level was 1300 something, so they told me to come back Sunday September 23rd and for me to be on bed rest. when i came back Sunday, they took blood again. an while i was sitting on the hospital bed, something once again told me to go to the bathroom and look down...and there it was, the sack. i was so devastated. so the nurses rushed in the bathroom after telling my mom and boyfriend who was in the room with me and they took the sack and put it in a cup and sent it to the lab. shortly the nurse came back in the room with a sad look on her face and told me that my hormone level had dropped to 187 and i had miscarried. my heart was broken and still is. i am still having to go back and forth to my obgyn and hospital because of this. last Monday i had to have a DNC. and i have another Dr.s apt. with my obgyn on the 22nd of this month. i am still hurting mentally and physically from this. i am so scared to get pregnant again in the future because i do not want this to happen again and im scared it will. if someone could please help me and give me some advise, i would sure be grateful and appreciate it. thanks for taking the time to read my story.

britt200408 responded:
I'm very sorry for your loss. It will take time to heal, and you will never forget about it. But I promise it will get easier. Making the decision to try again, when you're ready, will be scary. I'll let you know what helped me. I am healthy and do not engage in any risky behaviors (smoking, drinking, etc). I have also never had any kind of reproductive issues. Unfortunately, about 25% of pregnancies will end in miscarriage. Basically, I looked at it as a numbers game. My doctor assured me that my chances of having a miscarriage again were no higher than they were before, and no higher than the average woman.

If you do not have other health issues and you take care of yourself, just be reassured that chances are, it won't happen again. And when you are ready in the future, you will have a great support system with your partner in making that joint decision. That will help ease your fears.

Good luck at your appointment and I hope the rest of your recovery goes quickly without incident. Be careful, make good decisions, and take care of your body -- that way, when you're ready for kids in the future, you know you have done everything you can to ensure a good outcome. Also, if you are sexually active, you should be taking a multivitamin with folic acid every day, just in case!
Brittanie(24), DH(25), DS(4), m/c 11/11, LO due 5/24/13!

CaylaAndBrandonBlue replied to britt200408's response:
Thank You! You Really Helped Alot. and My Mom Was Telling Me I Needed To Get Some Folic Acid Pills. I Just Dont Want This To Happen Again. And My Mom Was Telling Me If I Tryed Again So Soon, I'd Have Another Miscarriage? Is That True?

britt200408 replied to CaylaAndBrandonBlue's response:
That is definitely something to ask your doctor, but I have heard of women who get pregnant immediately following a m/c and go on to have healthy babies.
Brittanie(24), DH(25), DS(4), m/c 11/11, LO due 5/24/13!

CaylaAndBrandonBlue replied to britt200408's response:
okay that's what i was concerned about. & i have an apt. today with my obgyn. ill ask then. thank you.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
hugs I am sorry. It is very painful to have a loss. I can tell you that while the pain gets better its never forgotten. One positive thing is that most women go on to have a happy healthy pregnancy even after a loss. Are they doing testing on the sac since they took it? Most often the reason why you have a m/c is that there is something wrong with the chromosomes and the body knows this and ends the pregnancy. There is nothing you did or didn't do that would cause this. Its at complete random. Still painful nonetheless. But later one you will more than likely be able to have a happy healthy pregnancy.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

hgreenwood7058 replied to CaylaAndBrandonBlue's response:
they do often recommend that you wait 1-3 cycles before trying but depending on the provider they say trying again right away is okay. Usually the reason for atleast one cycle is so that it doesn't get confused with the prior pregnancy. And those who do get pregnant right away after generally have the same chances of m/c as anyone else if they are healthy. Do start prenatals (which have folic acid in it so if you get the right ones you won't have to take two pills. Most of the prenatals have the necessary amount which is 800mcg). You can do this instead of a regular multivitamin and your covered. Be sure that if you use the prenatal pill verses the gummy that you eat prior because it can make you sick to your stomach. Just make sure you are ready to try again. Some need to heal from their first loss in order to enjoy their next pregnancy.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

CaylaAndBrandonBlue replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
thank you for the information, and they was suppose to do test on the sac and call me the next week for the results but they never did=/ and yes it still hurts to think about it. me and my boyfriend/the father was talking about it last night and i wanted to cry. because the thought of how the baby would look and what it would be is just heartbreaking=/ and he told me we would have another chance but im scared i wont love the baby as much as my first. it makes me so depressed to even think about it. i would be 10 weeks and 3 days today...

hgreenwood7058 replied to CaylaAndBrandonBlue's response:
When you are ready and it sounds like you have a lot more healing to do then when you do get pregnant again you will probably think slightly different. Atleast I did. My love for my 2nd pregnancy was different than that of the 1st. Love none the less. When you have a miscarriage it kind of ruins it for a lot of women because they can't fully enjoy the next pregnancy for fear of the same thing happening again. Thats how it was for me when I got pregnant with my son. I was so scared that I told very very few people (ie my mom,husbands parents and two good friends and thats it) until then next day after I had my gender u/s which was thanksgiving (19w2d). But once I got father along it did get easier. Especially once I could feel him move around. that made a lot of difference. And then he was born 17 days early. Perfectly healthy was the size of a regular newborn. He is now almost 7 months (will be on halloween). I do still think of the baby I m/c but had that not happened I would not have my son either. So while its painful and I still think of it often, I wouldnt change my son for the world. He is my light. Best wishes

Spotlight: Member Stories

Adina (31) & DH (31). DS 10/07, m/c #1 6/09, m/c #2, 9/09, MTHFR taking 4 mg folic acid & baby aspirin. BFP 12/22/09, PAL Grad 8/25/2010. Than...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.