Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
12 weeks with bleeding, question......
Daniela71497 posted:
I had a MC back in March. I am now 12 weeks pregnant and yesterday had some bright red bleeding for about 2 hours, didnt come out on my pad much it was more when I wiped. I went to the ER and had blood work done which came back perfect and an ultrasound and baby was ok with HB of 152. However hey said it could still lead to a Mc.

Red bleeding has stopped and I now have some brown spotting but my much along with the usual period cramps and some lower back ache. My next appointment isn't for 2 more weeks. I am freaking out and panicking.

Had this ever happened to anyone?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would ask your ob to see if you can get in for another appointment sooner to have you checked out to be on the safe side. Its possible that you had a little hemorragic area. Can't remember what its called at the moment. Or it could be nothing. Some women do spot and bleed during pregnancy. Also keep your feet up and rest as much as possible. Over exerting and sex can cause bleeding and pain too. best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

Daniela71497 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thanks, I called the oB again but they don't feel like its necessary for me to go in before my next appointment. They think my ultrasound and blood work and cervix were all perfect so there's nothing to worry about. When I questioned they actually got a little mad at ma and told me they would never stear me in the wrong direction. Not very comforting when all I want is peace of mind maybe a HB check or something to let me know things are ok. It's hard not to stress when it feels the same as last time! I am not convinced!!!!

hgreenwood7058 replied to Daniela71497's response:
If you have to, I would go to the emergency room if the OB doesn't want to listen. That isn't very comforting if they aren't willing to see you sooner. The other thing too is that in our medical center that I am both a patient at and work for, they see patients between 10 and 12 weeks for a new ob visit (sooner if there have been complications but usually thats to check on things and then still have them come back in around 12 weeks for an OB appt).Just because the cervix was fine when you had the stuff done a while ago doesn't mean its fine now. I think for peace of mind I would go to the er and state you are pregnant and bleeding. They will be able to do an u/s or atleast check for a heartbeat since you are far enough along their dopplers should pick it up (unless baby is hiding which happens too). If your OB or the triage nurse whoever talked to you continues to blow you off when you have valid concerns I would consider switching if you can. You want someone who will listen to you and explain things not just say "eh your fine".Hugs and best wishes
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

Daniela71497 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I was seen at 6 weeks and they check my levels and all were perfect. I was seen again at 10 weeks and the HB was great, 172. I went in again at 11 weeks for something else and she listened for HB and it was 165. Then at 12 weeks I bleed or a couple hours so I went to the ER. They did an ultrasound and baby was moving around, HB was excellent and all looked good. Baby was ok. Hey did blood work and another pelvic exam and all was ok and bleeding went from red, to brown spotting to gone which is why they are saying I am ok and all my test results proved all was ok. Of course I am just paranoid from the last time so I'm afraid! My next appointment is a little over a week away.

CaylaAndBrandonBlue responded:
I Had A MC In September. I was 5 Weeks When I Started Bleeding. && The Same As You, I Barely Had Blood On My Pad, Just When I Wiped && it was bright red. I Ended Up Going To The Hospital On A Friday && They Took Blood From Me To Check My HL && It Was Fine && they did a ultrasound && My baby was low in my uterus which was bad. they told me to rest && come back sunday && they took blood from me again && after that i went to the bathroom && the sac was on my pad=/ && the blood work shown that it was a MC.

Daniela71497 replied to CaylaAndBrandonBlue's response:
Sorry for your loss, I've experienced one also 7 months ago. I missed miscarriage so I had no idea.

It's been almost 3 weeks and so far so good, went in for my 14 week appointment and baby's HB was great and feeling flutters almost daily. Staying positive!!!!!

hgreenwood7058 replied to Daniela71497's response:
I am glad everything turned out fine. There is nothing worse than the fear of another loss. I was absolutely terrified most of my pregnancy after my loss. So much that I didn't even tell my family (except mom and parent in laws) until I was a little over 19 weeks pregnant.In fact it was a year ago today that we found out we were having a boy. I was still terrified until I could feel him move. I delivered a healthy baby boy at 37w4d (after 36hr labor and an emergency c-section). But the fear was always there. I bought a doppler as well so that when i got scared I could listen to the hb. Its hard to hear it for the first little while with the cheapie ones but still helped. Best wishes.

CaylaAndBrandonBlue replied to Daniela71497's response:
Thank You && That's Great(: Glad Everything Is Going Well.
LaKota ; 09-23-12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had a blighted ovum in Nov. 2007 that was discovered at 12 wks and a m/c Aug. 2008 at 6wks3d. It was a missed abortion and I didn't find out unt...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.