Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates- 11/12
MelBrody posted:
Hello ladies! Its been to quiet around here! How is everyone?

Melissa & Baby Clark
35w3d

w/g - 30 pounds!!! Yikes! lol

s/c - Swelling, heartburn, general all around uncomfortablenesss.....I am really starting to feel done! I wish I could just stay home and sleep the next 5 weeks! The doctor told me I had a little bit of Anemia and of course I am still stuggling with the gestational diabeties....so things are hard right now! I dont know about you ladies but I get tired of people saying "its almost over!" no it isnt! lol. My poor husband I was so mean to him yesterday over so stupid stuff and I cry for no reason at all. My emotions are all over the place! Ah well, it will be worth it in the end.

Next appointment on Thursday and now on weekly!

Laur1981 responded:
Lauren and baby Dylan
31w4w

w/g - 12 lbs

s/c -sigh. Diagnosed with PPD (yay), high blood pressure and GD. yikes. lots of BHC and RLP. oh. and ECP hah. poor DH doesnt know what to do with me... I keep telling him to take me out back and put two in my head.

Next Appt Friday

jhetsmom replied to Laur1981's response:
Chelsea and baby blue
19w 3d

weight- up 5 from prepreg but total gain is 12 from my 7lb loss in tri 1.

s/c- 1.34 cm kidney stone, popping hips, itchy skin and hiccups. I went to the urologist yesterday after I had to wait 2 weeks for the appointment and they told me its a wait and see approach for expecting women with a kidney stone this large. If it moves they will try a stent, but they wont blast it or try to remove it until I am late 3rd tri or delivered. I take the loritab as needed which is mostly at night. DS keeps me busy enough that I dont really think about it until I rest at night. At least the morning sickness has complete subsided. Im still concerned about the SCH diagnosed at 8 weeks but they are checking that at my next scan. I still vomit everytime I try canned tomato anything. DH thinks it only happens when he cooks dinner but thats not true. Other than being in pain and exhausted, lo is very active and seems happy, especially after I eat anything cold or dairy.

d/a- 20 week u/s on the 19th with renal scan. Im still not fully convinced LO has boy parts because the first u/s was questionable and the last one I couldnt tell its head from its butt. Can't wait to get it all out of the way and hopefully get some relief from the anxiety of this high risk pregnancy.

britt200408 responded:
It has been very quiet around here!

Brittanie and baby bean
12w5d

w/g - Nothing yet, but I'm not too worried about it. If I recall correctly, I only gained 8 pounds in the first 20 weeks with DS, but 33 by the end of it.
s/c - Morning sickness seems to be getting better. I still have waves of it pretty much every day, but haven't actually gotten sick in a while so that's good. Other than that, just mood swings and digestive issues, which are both pretty annoying! Oh and insomnia, but I think a lot of that is just anxiety and worrying about whether or not everything is going ok.

Next d/a is tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping and praying he does the 13 week ultrasound. I'm fully prepared to beg for it if it isn't something he routinely orders. I really really need another ultrasound to put my mind at ease. I've noticed that about a week before my appointments I start having a lot of anxiety and horrible dead baby dreams. Ugh. I just can't stop trying to prepare myself for the worst, even though there is no reason to think anything is wrong right now. I can not wait until I can start feeling movement!
Brittanie(24), DH(25), DS(4), m/c 11/11, LO due 5/24/13!

jhetsmom replied to britt200408's response:
Britt- I am right there with you. i can feel the baby move somewhat now but there are still those days when I get panic attacks. Its not bad enough we go through the trauma of a loss and feel that pain, but to make every subsequent pregnancy complete and total anxiety is just unfair.We deserve to enjoy the experience, not live in fear of what we don't know.
I can tell you that even when the mw uses the dopler and I can hear the heartbeat, I am still panicking about the baby growing properly. I dont think we will have true peace until our babies are in our arms breathing and crying.

britt200408 replied to jhetsmom's response:
I didn't get the ultrasound ordered, but I did get to hear the heartbeat. It made me feel better at least for now! I'm sure by the time my next appointment rolls around I'll be nervous again. I just wish I could have an ultrasound every day. lol

Mel - I hope your appointment went well! I won't tell you it's almost over, because I know the last few weeks are the absolute worst! I started getting really panicky and claustrophobic with DS toward the end and I swear every single day felt like another week. I just wanted to be able to breathe again!
Brittanie(24), DH(25), DS(4), m/c 11/11, LO due 5/24/13!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jenn (31) DH (30) DD (4) ^i^ DS 4/17/08 16 W ^i^ DD 10/7/08 13W ^i^ DS 3/20/09 13 W. BFP 1/31 EDD 10/9/10. MTHFR. Baby aspirin, folic acid 4 mg, B6 10...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.