Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update... 11/20
jhetsmom posted:
I had my 20 week u/s. LO is definitely a BOY. DS is so excited. DH and I couldn't be more excited either. Now down to the serious business. My SCH is no more. THANK GOD!!!! It disipated on its own and I am now longer at an increased risk for PROM or preterm labor. LB is measuring right on target for 20 weeks. Well formed organs and body parts. The tech was so excited for me too that she decided to do a 4d ultrasound and we got some amazing pictures. I feel so blessed and thankful right now. I feel like I took my first pregnancy for granted. everything was so easy and I never gave anything a second thought. It had honestly never occured to me that something could go wrong.
When I took the pg test in april I knew, the second the plus sign showed up, I would never get to look upon that child and hold it in my arms. The 2 weeks of tests and u/s, pokes and prods, pelvic exams and questions; I never had any hope. My mind knew what my heart didn't want to accept. I hated that people kept saying reassurances knowing what I felt. The only people that knew were my sis and mother. It was heart wrenching and I became a very bitter person.
When my husband read the pg test in August, I was floored. It immediately became a source of anxiety. This whole pregnancy has been anxiety and fear. I literally exhausted myself beyond reason. Yesterday was honestly the best day I have had since the day I had my son. That includes becoming married. It makes me thankful for every moment of sickness, pain, pokes, tests, and peeing myself. As much as I am embarassed by that last statement, I am thankful cause it just reassures that this kid is growing and moving just like he should be.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
yay for little boys . I do totally understand how you felt. Once you have a loss for many it ruins other pregnancies because of the fear of another loss. Thats how I was after my loss and after I got pregnant with DS. I was so scared I didn't even tell DH. I wanted to wait till his bday because it would be just after the time I had the last loss (a little over 3 weeks). He found out on accident about a week before his bday. He told his parents though his mom has a big mouth and after I asked her not to say anything she told her mom and another person. Other than that on of my good friends and my mom were the only ones that knew till I was 19w2d (thanksgiving last year). It was the day after our gender u/s. I still stayed nervous till I could start feeling him (about 21 weeks). I also bought a doppler so that I could listen whenever I wanted because I was always nervous. So I totally understand. He is now a healthy almost 8 month old who gets into everything. And he the best thing that has ever happened to me. It made all the m/s, pain and everything worth it when I saw his face (including the super long labor that ended up in emergency c-section 2.5 weeks early). Yay for no more SCH. I am glad all is going well for you. It truely is a great feeling and a moment where you can relax just a little.Best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started ttcing on 4/10 discovered after 4 months discovered hormonal problem took prednisone got pregnant 10/3/10 on 11/11/10 found out not hearbeat...More

Helpful Tips

How & Why To Trigger A Post
Because we know there are sensitive issues our Members would like to discuss on our communities we have a label called a "Trigger". We want ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 44 found this helpful