Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
what to do?
bink1997 posted:
I'm 34 I have 2 wonderful little boys and my husband and I want another. Getting pregnant seems to be easy, absoultly no problems there, but staying pregnant is hard. We had our first boy 7 years ago, then lost a girl @ 37 weeks due to a placenta problem, miscarried and then 2 years ago our other boy, and in August had another miscarriage. We still want to have another, but we have folks telling us we should stop. Our last doctor said that the pain of loosing another is not worth it, we had 2 isn't that enough, she didn't want to do any more tests and said she wasn't going to be an delivering ob any more after 6 months. We found another doctor that we like so far and are going through some testing to see if we can find something to explain all the trouble. The good news is the new doc said because that we had our 2 year old there is hope in having another, but we should try to find out why all the trouble. so there is hope, but are we insane for trying again. If we shouldn't have another but can get pregnant we know that we need to take the bullets out of the gun to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Its a huge decision. When do you stop? Has anyone else had problems like us? What did you do? What do you get tested for? We've heard of folks not being able to have boys can there be something preventing us from having a girl, maybe? This is such a big decision, we want to make the right one. We don't want to sound like crazy parents after another baby, but if it still is possible with a little assistance should we try again before throwing in the towel? We need ideas of what to try? any information?

Spotlight: Member Stories

In October 07 I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. It was one of the most physically and mentally painful things I have ever been through in my ent...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.