Skip to content
what to do?
bink1997 posted:
I'm 34 I have 2 wonderful little boys and my husband and I want another. Getting pregnant seems to be easy, absoultly no problems there, but staying pregnant is hard. We had our first boy 7 years ago, then lost a girl @ 37 weeks due to a placenta problem, miscarried and then 2 years ago our other boy, and in August had another miscarriage. We still want to have another, but we have folks telling us we should stop. Our last doctor said that the pain of loosing another is not worth it, we had 2 isn't that enough, she didn't want to do any more tests and said she wasn't going to be an delivering ob any more after 6 months. We found another doctor that we like so far and are going through some testing to see if we can find something to explain all the trouble. The good news is the new doc said because that we had our 2 year old there is hope in having another, but we should try to find out why all the trouble. so there is hope, but are we insane for trying again. If we shouldn't have another but can get pregnant we know that we need to take the bullets out of the gun to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Its a huge decision. When do you stop? Has anyone else had problems like us? What did you do? What do you get tested for? We've heard of folks not being able to have boys can there be something preventing us from having a girl, maybe? This is such a big decision, we want to make the right one. We don't want to sound like crazy parents after another baby, but if it still is possible with a little assistance should we try again before throwing in the towel? We need ideas of what to try? any information?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mama of three, a preteen boy, and two girls ages 2 and 4. TTC since July of 09 with a couple of roadblocks along the way, I had a chemical pregnancy i...More

Helpful Tips

More Than 2 Million Cribs Recalled by 7 Manufacturers
In a recent WebMD article itrecalled by Evenflo, Delta, and five other manufacturers. The recall swells to about 9 million the number of ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.