Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy Test
Fatafehi_8674 posted:
Hello All,

I am a mother of 3 children. I had a Miscarraige 3/2011. My husband and I really want to have a baby together, we have had no luck since.. I was experiencing Sciaitic pain, Sore breasts, and slight cramps yesterday on 1/4/13. I am not supposed to start my period until 1/6/13. I want to mention I experienced Sciatic pain at the begining of all 3 of my other pregnancies, even with my miscarraige too i had in 2011. I have not had sore breasts like this my misscarriage in 2011. Anyhow i took a pregnany test earlier today 1/5/13,left it in the bathroom and went to put a load of laundry on it only took like 15 minutes to complete came back to the bathroom and noticed i light/faint second line on the stick.. Did I want to long to check the test? Are these results accurate and should i retest? How long does it take for HCG to be detected into your system? Please hekp! Thank You!

adgtxcountrygirl responded:
I also tested a few days before my period was due, and it was indeed positive. I also had a miscarriage in November of 2011. It is actually more likely to get a false negative than a false positive, so in all likely-hood you are pregnant. I wish you the best. I am currently 12 weeks.

teacherbeck responded:
^agree. The first pregnancy test I took with this pregnancy was so faint DH wasnt sure but I told him a line is a line!
I hope everything is going well and that it was a BFP. Good luck!!
Becky (31) DH (38) DD (dec 2010) Juliet- she is PERFECT in every way! BFP May 2012 Progesterone 2x/day, due Jan 2013

TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I hope that you retested. They say its inaccurate after 10 minutes. Also depending on the test you used (blue dye is natorious for this) you could get a evap line that makes it look positive when its really not. Best wishes. I hope it turns out that it was indeed a positive.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

teacherbeck replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
^^good point, Heather... I forgot about the blue dye tests. The month before my bfp I used a blue dye test and got the evap line and was getting excited for no reason. Really sucks! After that I made sure the tests I used were NOT blue dye.
Becky (31) DH (38) DD (dec 2010) Juliet- she is PERFECT in every way! BFP May 2012 Progesterone 2x/day, due Jan 2013

TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Lurking...

Any updates? Did you retest? I am just now seeing this since I haven't checked in on this board in a long time.
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm proud Momma of four awesome children. I had them in the perfect order I could have wished for: girl, boy, girl, boy. I've been a single mo...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
I'm just copying a tip from another board ( parenting 1 year olds )...hope you find it helpful! I know everyone is missing the ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.