Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How about some introductions from all of us "lurking"
Mandy_Smiles posted:
Hello! My name is Mandy and I am a PAL grad. I had a miscarriage in April of 2010 at 13 weeks along. I found this board and it truly got me through. I started on the Web Md first tri board then moved to the Web Md loss board and then to this board and now I am on the PAL Grads pro board. Wow, what a lot of board moving! LOL! I had a d&c after our loss and then became pregnant a few months later with our oldest daughter Gwen. It was a tough pregnancy with a lot of complications, resulting in about 14 weeks on bed rest. Then we had Reese when Gwen was 16 months old. I can't say that my pregnancy with Reese was any easier (emotionally) than my pregnancy with Gwen. Once a woman loses a child, her innocence is lost changing the face of pregnancy forever.

Now I have a 22 month old who's vocabulary is off the charts and thinks she is a lion and fills my house with lots of beautiful and loud roars and a 5 month old who rolls around everywhere and chews on anything and everything put in front of her. Although I have 2 beautiful children, I still ache for the baby that we lost. I found myself this very morning calling my doctor to ask if they have on file what the gender of our baby was. They have already told me that they didn't run those tests, but I felt the need to ask again for some reason so this morning I picked up the phone and made the call. They told me the same answer, but I feel better knowing that I called and I am not wondering anymore if they didn't tell me at the time because they didn't think it would be "healthy" for me to know that information, know what I mean? So, I will never know, but it doesn't matter because I will meet our angel in heaven someday. I truly believe the baby we lost is a guardian angel to our girls.

I lurk on here quite a bit to see if there are any other women who are in need of the same encouragement that I needed. This is a safe place to come to vent, cry, scream, laugh, worry, and just get out all of the crazy that comes with pregnancy after loss. I just wanted you all to know that I am here, waiting for someone to listen to, someone to encourage. This board was a lot more active when I was pregnant so I hope that the lack of activity is due to less losses rather than fear of stepping forward and introducing yourself. Don't be afraid! We don't bite! I know there are others lurking out there! How about EVERYONE who is lurking introduce yourselves. Basically if you find yourself reading this post, tell me about you and what brought you to this board. Lets get some activity going on this board again!
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

earleyml1012 responded:
Hey Mandy! I remember being on this board with you when you were pregnant with Gwen. Congrats on the new baby!

My name is Michelle. My 1st pregnancy, thankfully, had no issues and I gave birth to my first daughter on 12/6/08. When she was 18 months old, we found out after just going off birth control that I was pregnant again. However, when I went to my 12 week check-up the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat and the following day I too had a D&C. This was the most awful feeling I've ever had and it took months before I felt "healed" enough to want to try again. February 2011 I found out I was pregnant again and was excited but extremely worried. At my confirmation of pregnancy appointment my OB could tell I was nervous so she ordered an ultrasound to see if there was a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it was too early to tell, we did see the sac forming but she promised at 9 weeks we'd check again. Sure enough at 9 weeks we saw the little flitter of the heartbeat. The pregnancy was fairly normal but more aches and pains from chasing a 2 yr old around. Finally on 10/26/11 (a week over due), DD#2 entered the world!

I first found the webmd boards while pregnant with DD#1 and have been on them ever since, just different stages of pregnancy and parenting as well as the Dealing with a Loss and PAL. Please don't be shy to ask question, vent and cry with each other. Seriously, these ladies helped me through my pregnancy b/c they understood all the emotions I was feeling. Sure I talked to my husband but it was totally different for him. Good luck to all of you and here's hoping for some healthy full term babies!!
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

smithc27 responded:
Way to take charge, Mandy! I've been lurking every once in a while, glad to see I'm not the only one LOL

Hi, I'm Charlotte and I too am a proud PAL grad In early 2011, my DH and I experienced extreme joy at an unexpected (yet welcome) pregnancy, followed quickly by a M/C in March. It was completely heartbreaking for both of us. Even though we found strength in each other, even my wonderful DH couldn't completely understand how I was feeling. So, when we became pregnant again in June 2011, I signed up for this board to share my fears and get feedback from women who have "been there". The PAL board was instrumental in getting me through the pg. On February 12, 2012, our sweet baby girl entered this world, and has kept us on our toes ever since! We hope to add to our family in the next couple of years, and be back on this board again!

I believe it is important to have a strong support system (mothers/sisters/friends/etc), and the girls on this board have been a wonderful part of mine. Becoming pregnant after a loss is joy, and stress, and hope, and fear all rolled into one... and no one needs to go through it alone. To the new girls on this board (and any returning mamas!) I wish a Happy and Healthy nine months!
~Charlotte(27), DH(27), M/C 3/11, PAL baby Addison 2/12/12

teacherbeck responded:
Great idea Mandy! love the idea of leaving some encouragement here to let people know there is still support to be found here!

My name is Becky My DH and I met when I was 15, began dating @17, & married when I was 23. We planned out our lives and our babies and decided we'd have one in Spring of '09. We started ttc in '08 and it took us over a year, so Spring 2009 we did NOT have our planned baby but we finally got a BFP in April. By June I was 12 weeks along so we went ahead and bought crib, dresser, etc and started making a nursery. In July I had my 16wk appt, HB check, bloodwork. Everything was perfect and we started trying to guess boy/girl and who we'd invite to the BIG u/s. On that day of my 20wk u/s, I told everyone at work I'd be announcing the gender the next day... I was on cloud nine and rushed through my planning day and off to my afternoon appt. That's when we found out we'd lost our sweet baby sometime since the 16 wk appt, probably around wk 19. I was so devastated I dont even know how to put it to words. We were sent to be induced, to give birth to my stillborn son. This was the darkest time of my life, and I wasnt really sure how to recover. Coming to WebMD and finding the Coping w/Preg Loss board, then the TTCAL board were my lifelines (I have a great support at home but people who haven't been there DON'T understand).
We waited until after his original EDD to TTC. My next pregnancy came about after 3mo using OPKs (which I learned about on TTCAL!). I needed progesterone the first 14 wks and felt awful and exhausted but overall had a good pregnancy which resulted in a beautiful baby girl, now 2. After her first birthday we TTC again and had our second daughter this January. That pregnancy was similar, I needed progesterone but otherwise a good pregnancy. Through both pregnancies I NEEDED the emotional support of women who understood why I practically had a panic attack before every appt, or why I followed EVERY pregnancy suggestion to a T, or how I felt the rug could be pulled out from under me at any second. But most of all, I needed to see and hear from woman who had been in my shoes and who had beautiful, healthy, wonderful, sweet babies, to remind me to hope and that it was possible! I dont drop by as often as I used to, but I do check in every few weeks, so if you have a BFP and need support, please post and I promise one of us (or more!) will see it. Hugs and belly pats and sticky vibes to all who need it!
Becky (31) DH (38) DD (dec 2010) Juliet- she is PERFECT in every way! BFP May 2012 Progesterone 2x/day, due Jan 2013

TRIGS: 1 loss (Jackson, Aug 6th '09), story in profile.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I meant to post also a while back and forgot. I lurk as well. Not as often as I used to but at least once a week to ten days. I met my husband in school and we started dating a few weeks after our high school graduation in 2005. We dated for 5 years and got married in June 2010.In september I decided to go off of bcp to see what my body would do. I have PCOS and I knew that there may be issues as a result. Anytime I have ever gone off birth control of any sort my cycles would go completely off. To my suprise the first 2 cycles were completely in sync with what it was when i was on bcp (31 days). Then I was suppose to expect my cycle on the day after christmas (every persons dream right...). And af never came. I tested and it was negative. I tried again a few days later and again negative. I decided not to test for a while after that because I assumed it was just the pcos beginning to act up again. It wasn't till a random day that I had a little bit of heartburn and I thought. hmm thats weird.I decided to go ahead and test. January 23rd I got a very faint line that I almost couldn't tell if it wad there or not. I decided to buy a digi so it would just flat out tell me.Time came and I looked and it said in big letters "PREGNANT". I was so excited and nervous to tell DH.He was shocked and nervous as well.Main words out of his mouth after saying "im going to be a dad" was "we need a bigger house" lol. I had a little nausea after that but nothing really other than that.I did my confirmation blood hcg just so the computer said yes it really was positive. Then in feb I started spotting.Completely freaked out. While I know it can be normal for some, I decided I would rather just get checked. Going off of lmp I would have been due around 9/2 and going off 2 weeks befre I got my bfp would have put me no later than 9/16.They did my blood work and it was in the higher 2000's though at the time they said the goal was at least 1200 to see anything on u/s. When i got into the u/s I saw the little sac. She asked my lmp and then asked again and said I was measuring a lot smaller at only 5w2d or so putting my edd oct 3rd.Doctor came back and said there was some free fluid around the sac but we were in a gray area as to what may happen and that I needed repeat blood in 2 days and possibly a u/s in a week.The next day the bleeding got heavier and I had severe pain and when i got up to use the bathroom there was the sac. I was heart broken and felt completely dead inside.That truely was my lowest point.I started researching and looking for answers and ultimately there wasn't much I could do.I developed an infection after this as well and was put on meds to combat this.Towards the end of feb they told me there was no reason for me to wait to ttc if I was emotionally ready since I have pcos.DH and I decided to go ahead and try.I charted my cycles but did not let DH know when so it wouldn't take the "fun" out of it.I was not expecting my bfp because I was supposed to "o" on my bday based on opks and nothing happened except 3 days prior.But August 11th 2011 I got my bfp.I had a fairly good pregnancy and a horrible labor/delivery (36hr labor.30hr no meds and then ended up with a c-section due to several issues).My son will be one on March 31st!This board helped me so much and I recommend it to people that I know are struggling and need a good support system.Some day I will be back on this board again and hope that you guys will have all graduated and coming back for more . Best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. Carson Lee born 3/31/12. Love this little man with all my heart

Spotlight: Member Stories

Started Trying to conceive our first in Oct 08, We got great news in May 09 only to have a find out we had a missed M/C in June at 10wks. We went for ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.