Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
monday updates!
shanastash posted:
do we do those on mondays like we did on TTC:AL? anyway, if we don't here is the beginning! if we do, i guess i am just early!

today i am beginning my 8th week and this morning i had to do my one hour glucose testing. yuck. i didn't mind the taste of it a couple of years ago...maybe i am getting older and now i know sugar is not that great for me anymore! that or it was because i was sooo hungry and sugar is NOT what i wanted to be tasting! .... i did end up getting slightly light headed toward the end of the hour, but not enough to say anything. (i think!)

i played hookie from the babysitters today! as in, the babysitters is my MIL and she doesn't know we are pregnant again, so when it's time for me "to get off work" i will go change my clothes and go pick up the DD! sneaky! but til that time, i am using the added time in my day to quilt a blanket for my nephew. it has taken SOOO much time! i only get to work on it when DD is napping and now that i am KU, i also have to take naps now... so i don't get to work on it as nearly as much as i need to. it NEEDS to be done by may 31st.

anyway, that's my update!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

vybe77 responded:
Hey Shana, happy to see you taking full advantage of your free afternoons to get what needs to be done, done..if that incudes naps then so be it
I'm also here to say that you will no doubt have company here soon..why don't you lurk on over to TTCAL and check out who got her BFP today
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 12..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 11
Ours-DS Maxim 4

babyj1017 replied to vybe77's response:
Hey shana! Good luck on the quilt. My mom and aunt are way into crochet and knitting. Unfortunately, I did not inherit her genes. I tried to learn to crochet a scarf... Only thing I can manage is a small triangle (was not supposed to be a triangle, though). Glad to hear your making time for what you want/need to do.

My update: 3w6d. Just found out yesterday evening. As soon as my OB's office opens, I will call to see what he wants to do. I know he will start me on progesterone supplements and we've kicked around the idea of lovenox injections. I don't know how I feel about the latter. We shall see.

Have a good week ladies!!
Jenny(31), DH(34), DD(6), DS(4), m/c(5/2012), BFP 8/9/12 EDD 4/18/13!!

vybe77 replied to babyj1017's response:
Haha you see Shana wasn't I right about you having company here soon!
Now I want to join you ladies too..
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 12..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 11
Ours-DS Maxim 4

shanastash replied to babyj1017's response:
OH MY GOSH!!! HAPPY BFP JENNY!!! i can't wait to see more of my girls back on here!!!

another update, passed my one hour glucose with "flying colors". she was surprised i did though, with such a great number, since i am quite the not so small girl!

another update, i got a call/message last night that a cardiologist wants me to come in. no reason, just said that my doc/ob wants me to come in. UMM... HELLO? we talked about having somewhat high blood pressure but not making a big deal out of it because it was still "in the good range". they called around 4:30 so i couldn't even call them back because the office had closed.
i called my doc/nurse this morning and nicely, although i wanted to yell at her for making me think i was about to have a heartattack while sleeping!!!, ... nicely said, "i just wanted to know why i needed to make an appointment before i do. said something about the "okay high blood pressure". ...

had my ultrasound today, to see the heartbeat!!! i am officially 7w5d! ... also got a call from the nurse, she basically said that the new guidelines for pregnancy is if a woman has a higher BMI of 40, they need to refer to a cardiologist. so... that is my update!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

babyj1017 replied to shanastash's response:
Thanks Shana!! I'm hoping we get an influx of ladies from TTCAL in the next few weeks.

Yay on passing the Glucose screen and MAJOR YAY seeing that beautiful little heartbeat. That is so awesome!!

That's crazy about the cardiologist. I would be pretty hacked off that they didn't tell me before getting the call from the cardiologist. I would have totally freaked! I have no idea what my BMI is, guessing it's over 40, though. Wonder if I'm headed in that same direction... although it was never mentioned during either of my pregnancies last year. We shall see.

I called my OB yesterday and he called in a rx for progesterone. I am picking it up tonight and will start right away. I decided against the Lovenox and opted for baby aspirin instead.

My first appointment is Tuesday April 16th for a confirmation and just a chat with my OB, whom I aboslutely LOVE!! He allowed his schedulers to double book him next week so I wouldn't have to see a different OB at the practice. He called me to let me know and said "anything for you". He makes me feel like he's known me all my life and we talk once a week.

I should also be able to schedule my first u/s for around the 7 week mark... might try to talk him into taking a peak next week, too.
Jenny(31), DH(34), DD(6), DS(4), m/c(5/2012), BFP 8/9/12 EDD 4/18/13!!

michelle063007 responded:
I always liked the Monday updates on the TTCAL board so I'll add my two cents--even though its Thursday

I am 16w5d today. Had my first appt. at the regualr OB after "graduating" from the RE on Tuesday. She put the doppler on my belly and we heard the hb right away--140 bpm! SO excited and feeling like I can relax a bit.

I'm so glad to see some others who have graduated from TTCAL! Best wishes to everyone!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and married to the love of my life Nick. We are due with our first little boy May 26th 2010. We have had two miscarriages in 2008 an...More

Helpful Tips

How & Why To Trigger A Post
Because we know there are sensitive issues our Members would like to discuss on our communities we have a label called a "Trigger". We want ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 44 found this helpful