Skip to content
husband wants to tell family.
shanastash posted:
not sure how i feel about this. i am just 8 weeks along. but my work peeps know, and i think that the hubby feels left out in telling his friends. (his friends are his family, he works with his family too!)... so we are telling them all this weekend. i made a sign to text a pic to my parents, who live in seattle, washington. it says:
TuTu to TWO & Grammy too! due nov. 21st --> (pic of ultrasound)

(we are hawaiian and tutu is a form of grandparent, it's said it means "wise")

we are off to buy a Big Sister shirt for our DD...

wish us luck...wish ME luck!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

babyj1017 responded:
Hope this doesn't post twice... I commented, but now I don't see it.

Anyway, how did it go this weekend with the big reveal??

DH and I decided we are going to wait for a while to tell anyone. Hoping to make it to 16 weeks, but 12 minimum. I have a few moments when I wanted to tell my mom or my sister, but have held back.
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(6), DS(4), m/c(5/2012.

shanastash replied to babyj1017's response:
it went well. well, as well as it could have. i wanted to keep waiting to tell people, mainly because the people we told have little kids and well, how do you explain what CAN happen to a 5 year old? ...

but it went well. i made a "big sister" shirt for my daughter because it was MUCH cheaper to make it than to buy it. psh! stores wanted $16.99! bought all my stuff for just over $5! went grocery shopping and then went to the MIL and hubby told them "we got raya's birthday present picked out already!" then had our DD take off her coat and they read her shirt and looked all puzzled and then said "you're a big sister?" like what?! then she said, without any coaching... "YEAH! baby, belly, mommy!" hahaha! hubby told them the due date, blah blah blah, b*tched about november birthdays. blah!

then we went over to my SIL and let them also read raya's shirt. they said congradulations at least! they giggled about november.

sent a pic to my parents, who live in seattle, we are in indianapolis, they said yey! congradulations! were truly happy for us. my mom giggled about november, my dad "Whooped" about november! said that the new stuff to knit is throwing her "finish one present a month" but she said that she was excited! much different than when i was pregnant with raya. so, yey!

all in all, a good day!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

Spotlight: Member Stories

-- Kelly (33) ~*~ Craig (36) ~*~ Eliana (5) ~*~ Joshua (3.5) ~*~ Rebekah (1.5) ~*~ Samuel John EDD 2/24/2012 ~*~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~*~ ^i^ Pumpkin (Mar 2...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.