Skip to content
monday updates 4/22
shanastash posted:
am 9w4d. i have not gained any weight, i have actually lost one. my cravings are grapes and bean burritos! not together, thank goodness!

i am still tired but the "evening sickness" is going away. i don't have another doc appointment until may 7th, but just for a doc visit. i am large so i don't think we'll hear the heartbeat through the doohickey they use on just the belly! (wow! i am losing it!)... and i don't get another ultra sound until may 13th, for the 12w genetic measuring for trisomy 13 and downs.

i believe all is okay, but this time around, they seem to not be checking me as much. i THINK i am okay with it but deep down i kinda feel jaded. weird right? i don't have the feeling of anxiety with this pregnancy but i am definately nervous. just not so much. weird.
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

michelle063007 responded:
Shana-Glad to hear everything is going well. If you dont feel like they are checking you enough though, you should say something or try out some other doctors. Your comfort is the most important thing and you dont want to be constantly worrying.

My update: I waited until today to post because we went to the doctor yesterday. Heard the hb on the dopler so that was the most importnat thing 18w 4d today. I think I am starting to feel movement so that is wonderful. The doctor said everything is measuring right, the hb was 145 so that was great...everything is great so Im trying not to worry but its still hard. We go for the 20 week u/s two weeks from today. We are not going to find out the gender though The doctor even said I can do the lovenox just once a day now instead of twice--which will be nice. But I do have to keep taking it until the 8th month and then switch to heparin. I am starting to let myself get a little excited about this pregnancy

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

Mandy_Smiles responded:
Lurking...

Shana, I agree with what Michelle said about them not checking you as much. I say ask and let them know that you are anxious to be checked.

Yay for good updates ladies! I lurk often even though I am not pregnant.
Mandy 27, DH 32, Angel Baby @ 13weeks April 2010, my beautiful Gweneth Grace entered the world April 4, 2011. Current EDD Late August 2012. Pink team with a pretty purple bow on top!

babyj1017 responded:
Shana - agree with the other ladies.... If you feel like you need a little more care, say something.

Michelle - yay for hearing the heartbeat. So reassuring. And yay for only one daily lovenox injections.

My update - 6w1d, no weight gain. Morning sickness seems to be setting in, although mildly. It helps me feel a little more confident that I'm actually going to have a baby in December. Still fighting anxiety, but trying to stay positive and enjoy each day.

I originally had my first u/s scheduled for today, but decided to push it back one more week. I didn't want to risk not seeing a heartbeat. I know if I would have gone today there would have been a chance that we wouldn't see a heartbeat because it is too early, but that would have thrown my in a tailspin, I don't want to deal with that doubt.
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(6), DS(4), m/c(5/2012.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Charlotte and I have been married to my husband, Brandon, for five years. Our first BFP in February 2011 was also a BFS (big fat surprise!)...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.