Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how soon should i get my period
Anon_161366 posted:
hello I had a miscarriage on 4-1-13 i was 6 weeks. so i went to see my doc and he checked my blood level to see if the level went down on the 4-8-13 and it was back to 0 so i didnt have to get any medication. he said it was a natural miscarriage where it did not attach so that is why i had the misscarraige. but here it is 5-1-13 n no period yet. me and my boyfriend have not been using protection. so could i be pregnant again or my period is just not back yet. I ususally have a normaly period that comes on time each month every morning.. sorry so long n alot of infor. Just wantn to know, n no i havent took a pt

vybe77 responded:
Hello there..I am so sorry for your loss (((hugs)))...
What Drs usually tell us after a loss is that the normal range to see period come back is 6-8 weeks after the m/c..if you m/c naturally on 4-1 then it could still take another full two weeks before you see it arrive...some women even take longer than the 8 weeks and some do take less time...I myself have been through numerous losses in my lifetime and most of the time I will see her come back around 5-6 weeks after the loss..if you would like some peace of mind though do get yourself a home pregnancy test and try that out with first morning urine and if it's negative then you'll probably be seeing her in the next two weeks..you could also go in to voice your concerns to your Dr. and he/she would do a urine analasis or even blood draw to check for a new pregnancy...
Good luck and keep us posted xo
PS: I wanted to mention that this board is for women who are pregnant now after a loss..there is a coping with pregnancy loss board and there is also a trying to conceive after a loss board as well where you will find many amazing women who have all been through one or more losses and who know how you're feeling about all this..you can find me on that board too..
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 12..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 11
Ours-DS Maxim 4

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Marissa I'm 22, my husband Matt (23) and I live in Sunny Belleair Bluffs FL right by the beach :) We have 2 dogs a pitbull Myley shes 3...More

Helpful Tips

How & Why To Trigger A Post
Because we know there are sensitive issues our Members would like to discuss on our communities we have a label called a "Trigger". We want ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 44 found this helpful