Skip to content
? for Michelle
perry147 posted:
I noticed on your last post that your Dr. is lowering your lovenox dosage. If you don't mind me asking but why were you put on double shots or was the dosage 2 smaller ones? When I was preg my RE put me on 1 shot a day and at 38 weeks I went to heparin 2x a day. Thanks for any assistance.

vybe77 responded:
Hi Perry!!
How have you been? We've been wondering over on TTCAL...
Sorry to interrupt..
Ha!
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 12..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 11
Ours-DS Maxim 4

michelle063007 responded:
Hi Perry,
Sorry it took me so long to respond...basically the whole lovenox thing was a prevantitive thing. They dont really know what is wrong with me (haha) but one doctor thought it could possibly be the blood clotting thing and prescribed the lovenox. The shots are 40mg (??--it was definitely some thing with a 4). He wanted me to take them twice a day. i asked how long and he said that would be up to the doctor I saw after I left him after the 1st trimester. So I asked the "regular" doctor and he said (in a very kind and sympathetic way) that it is all just voodoo magic haha, but if it is working he did not want to mess with it. So, he said he did not want to completely eliminate it since something--maybe this-- has been working this time around. But he did say that since we were well past the miscarriage stage I could take it down to once a day. Then--like you did--I will be put on heparin at 38 weeks.
Hope that helps
Best wishes
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30, my DH is 37, and we have a 2 wonderful boys and a chihuahua named Wonton =) We started TTC in April 2010 and got a BFP right away, but h...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.