Skip to content
MONDAY UPDATE 5.13
shanastash posted:
went to my trisomy 13/18 & down syndrome scan... all is good!

I got some (good/not sure) news that my maternal-fetal medicine doc wants to see me at 20 weeks and then every 4 weeks. SO on July 1st (49 more days!) we MAY get to find if we are on a blue team or a pink team! with this pregnancy, I am definitely getting excited. I feel that I shouldn't though...but I can't help it. & I never allowed myself to get excited with my daughter...so every time I feel excited about this one, I feel more guilty about how I felt with my daughter's pregnancy. damned if I do, damned if I don't.
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) found out @ 17wks. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 Jennaraya Kailani born 11.16.10 @ 11:48 pm, 8 lbs. 1 oz. 20.25 inches long!

michelle063007 responded:
Shana--glad the scan went well!! We opted not to have it done since we just wanted to be happy for once and if something was wrong we'd find out sooner or later haha.

I know what you mean about getting excited. I am having a very hard time getting excited too and I worry about bonding since I haven't felt that excited yet...but I'm getting there. I'm feeling a lot of movement (dh has even felt some!) now and I love my "bump" so its getting better. We registered and even got the crib set up in the baby's room. I also found a rug that I loved on clearance so we went ahead and bought that. I'm even considering making it facebook official haha. All those things are coming together to help me feel better about everything and I'm getting there

We went for the 20 week ultrasound last week and all looks good!--aside from the dumb doctor that we saw (Im trying to meet as many in the practice since I dont really know who will be on call when i deliver.) He had no answers to my questions--I asked about taking fish oil and he said, you can or you dont have to...its up to you. I asked him about some dry skin patches I have--I read it could be related to pregnancy and he said, I dont know I'm not a dermatologist. Ugh! He was awful. If he is on call we'll go to the other hospital We are not finding out gender so that is still a secret but we got great u/s pictures of arms, legs, hands, feet, face etc. And since I'm on the lovenox they have to monitor growth a little more closely so I should get another 2-3 u/s. The baby's scrapbook will be full of u/s...already have 4 from the 1st trimester. The m/c sucked but getting all these pictures of baby is one good thing that came out of it

Hope everyone has a good week!
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married since 2005. I have one son who will be 3 this fall. We have had 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 missed m/c with D&C. I take an aspirin while ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.