Skip to content
Michelle, Shana & Jenny
vybe77 posted:
So I'm sure we all agree (over on TTCAL) that it's simply been long enough now w/o an update on our favorite pregnant ladies..where are you guys? I hope each and every one of you is well and that no updates is a good sign! But if you could we would love to peek in on you ladies!!!
Hope to see you all soon xoxo
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 13..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 12
Ours-DS Maxim 4

michelle063007 responded:
I've been thinking hte same thing, but I didn't want to take the plunge and be the one to open a discussion haha.

I actually have my next doctors appt. on Monday so hopefully some updates then. Until then, for me no news is good news. I'm getting big. Some people say they know others due in Spetember who are bigger than me and others say I look huge. I try not to listen to any of them...just enjoy my belly.

Actually, I do have a discussion question, now that I think about it. We need some advice...My MIL is a very sweet, wonderful and generous woman but she has some helath problems that limit her. She has fallen at home a number of times and she is also on oxygen (with tubes running along the floors in her house). She is asking to watch the baby once he/she arrives and has already bought a pack and play. While we truly appreciate her help, we are very concerned about her caring for an infant--I'm mostly concerned she will fall while carrying him.her. But we dont know how to tell her this without breaking her heart. We need advice on talking to her about this as well as finding ways she CAN spend time with her grandchild because we do not want to leave her out. Any one else have situations like this or ideas? Thanks!
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

babyj1017 responded:
Hey girls!! I'm sorry I have been MIA for a while. Life has been crazy busy lately. I started a new job (same line of business, new company) in April, so my day time access has been limited due to massive training. Both kids are also playing ball this summer, so we are at the ball park typically 4 nights a week, plus dh plays Thursday nights and I play Friday nights. By the time I get home, I completely crash.

Anyhow, no news is good news. I am 12w 4d now and starting to gain some confidence that this little baby plans to stick around for a while. I've had three ultrasounds, all perfect and matching my dates exactly.

My next appointment is Friday the 14th. Hoping we can hear the heartbeat on Doppler.

I promise to check in more often now that my work life has started to settle into a routine.
Jenny(32), DH(35) DD(6), DS(4), m/c(5/2012.

babyj1017 replied to michelle063007's response:
I forgot to add - Michelle, that is a tough one about your MIL. I'm not exactly sure how I would handle it, but I would agree with you that I would be very uneasy about her caring for an infant.

I hope someone has some good suggestions for you. Hugs!

vybe77 replied to babyj1017's response:
Hello ladies!! I am very happy indeed to find you all in good health and spirits...thank you for taking time out of yoour busy lives to let us catch up some I truly appreciate it!
Jenny- Congrats on the new job, was it a choice to switch or did you have to?? Here's hoping you get to hear that awaited HB on Friday I hope I get to be there again someday Happy to hear that things are going good so far and know that you are def. in my prayers xoxo
Michelle- When I don't hear any news from you girl I get worried and try to tell myself that no news is good news and I'm very happy to hear that it is!! I cannot wait to hear your next update and know that this LO is doing good...and yeah don't let any comments deter you from your good mood and your good thoughts..it doesn't matter what size you are as long as baby is on track and that he/she is healthy..enjoy that belly mama you've sure earned it!! As for the mother in law thing, well I guess I have to give the advice of following your hearts and your instincts...nothing works best than that when it comes to your LO and if you feel uncomfortable then you can't leave her to watch him/her...and yes it will probably make her feel somewhat sad but the truth still needs to be said..I would probably say it like I was thinking of her and thinking of her age and limitations and the fact that there has been some fainting spells...put the situation in front of her and make her aware of "how would you feel if you were in charge of the baby and you fainted again? Or what if you fainted with baby in your arms?" I'm sure once you and hubby sit down with her and tell her (from your hearts) what the concerns are
she will more than understand..and then you could offer her to watch baby while you guys are at home but busy doing something (laundry, housework etc)..this way she could be helping out and you guys could have the piece of mind...this is just an idea so go with what feels right for you guys of course
I hope the next appt goes well xoxo
Happy Monday to all
AND LADIES---KUP!!
Vicky 35 and Chris 33
His and hers family of 4 kids
Mine-DD Emily 13..DS Kody 10
His-DD Rinoa 12
Ours-DS Maxim 4

babyj1017 replied to vybe77's response:
Vicky - job change was by choice, although I wasn't looking. Someone that I used to work with suggested I would be a good fit at the new company, so they called me and after several conversations, I accepted their offer. I actually got the offer the same day I got my BFP.

I hope to see you here on PAL soon. I think about all you TTCAL ladies often and sometimes lurk on the board. You helped me through some really sad times. I can't think of any ladies more deserving of the blessing of a baby than the TTCAL gals.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married since 2005. I have one son who will be 3 this fall. We have had 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 missed m/c with D&C. I take an aspirin while ...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.