Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ttc
jenica1432 posted:
Just lost a baby on June 27th. Had a DNC done on the 28th. So now we want to try again. So how soon can we start?

Michelle063007 responded:
I know my doctor told me no intercourse for two weeks after a D&C but beyond that we could start trying again right away. Another doctor told us to wait 2-3 months after a miscarriage but the doctor that actually did the D&C said we could try right away (after the 2 weeks). I was really glad to hear that. Hope all goes well for you!
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

nreyn3 responded:
My DH and I lost a baby January 8 and started trying as soon as I was healed up. I waited and waited for a period, it took me literally until April 21 for my period to return!!! Lucky me we found out we were pregnant again June 13! Keep your head up. Its a sad time, but eventually things will be okay! GOOD LUCK!!!!

earleyml1012 responded:
Grad lurking:

I also had a D&C done a few years ago. My doctor told me 6 weeks but I waited about 2-3 months to be emotionally healed.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been together for 3 years now. We were patiently waiting to start a family until we were in a house, and were working on buying one when...More

Helpful Tips

How & Why To Trigger A Post
Because we know there are sensitive issues our Members would like to discuss on our communities we have a label called a "Trigger". We want ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 44 found this helpful