Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ttc
jenica1432 posted:
Just lost a baby on June 27th. Had a DNC done on the 28th. So now we want to try again. So how soon can we start?

michelle063007 responded:
I know my doctor told me no intercourse for two weeks after a D&C but beyond that we could start trying again right away. Another doctor told us to wait 2-3 months after a miscarriage but the doctor that actually did the D&C said we could try right away (after the 2 weeks). I was really glad to hear that. Hope all goes well for you!
Michelle 29, DH 36; m/c 6/2011--7weeks; m/c 9/2011--6weeks; m/c 3/2012--11 weeks; BFP 1/13/2013 so far so good :)

nreyn3 responded:
My DH and I lost a baby January 8 and started trying as soon as I was healed up. I waited and waited for a period, it took me literally until April 21 for my period to return!!! Lucky me we found out we were pregnant again June 13! Keep your head up. Its a sad time, but eventually things will be okay! GOOD LUCK!!!!

earleyml1012 responded:
Grad lurking:

I also had a D&C done a few years ago. My doctor told me 6 weeks but I waited about 2-3 months to be emotionally healed.
Me (28) DH (28) DD (12/6/08) EDD (10/21/11) Pink Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Christina - Texas - Married to DH May 2003, 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (possible twins) was a member of the WebMD Boards way back ...More

Helpful Tips

Afterpains suggestion
A L&D nurse mommy blogger suggested this to me, and I think it's brilliant, although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.